Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-03-2010, 02:52 PM   #1
Crashediv
Crashediv began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
902 and 903

Ok, I have been trying to narrow down the difference between these two and since I have been looking at alot of ebooks lately perhaps I have messed myself up but what exactly is the difference between the two? Is it just that the 903 has 3G? I read somewhere that the 902 does not have wifi and blue tooth but on the pocket book website it says it does, perhaps its just a mix up translating to English?

Just curious if anyone knows the difference besides price.

Thanks
Crashediv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:56 PM   #2
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
902= Reader, Wifi, Bluetooth
903= 902 + Wacom touchscreen + 3G capabilities.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2010, 05:51 PM   #3
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashediv View Post
I read somewhere that the 902 does not have wifi and blue tooth but on the pocket book website it says it does, perhaps its just a mix up translating to English?
What you read might have something to do with how functional the wifi and bluetooth are right now. The hardware is there but it doesn't have the full support of the firmware yet. The way to get online is to go to the bookland website and from there get to other pages. The problem with the 902 is that you have to use a virtual keyboard with the up, down, right, left buttons. We hope that with future firmware updates it will be possible to connect a wireless keyboard via bluetooth, but that isn't here yet.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 06:53 PM   #4
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
i transferred a file from my phone to the 902 today. that ought to be considered fully functional.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:35 AM   #5
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
i transferred a file from my phone to the 902 today. that ought to be considered fully functional.
Can you also connect a bluetooth keyboard?
Advert
Old 12-04-2010, 08:59 AM   #6
Roos
Groupie
Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Scribe, Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
Can you also connect a bluetooth keyboard?
I have tried that, seems there are some options missing to complete that
Roos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:22 AM   #7
Sil_liS
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roos View Post
I have tried that, seems there are some options missing to complete that
I thought so, which means that I was right, and the firmware needs to catch up to the hardware. Real soon now.