Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-02-2019, 05:28 PM   #1
hogar
hogar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Front bezel for Aura HD

Hello readers

I have a bit of an odd problem. My dog had quite a few nibbles on my Aura HD, and while SD card gave under pressure, everything else is working just fine...

I would very much like to replace the front bezel, but cannot find it anywhere online. I can find replacement screens, but no bezels.

If anyone could help me out or give me a nudge in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

Cheers,
Dusan
hogar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:41 PM   #2
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Check eBay for broken Aura HD readers or parts sold as-is for cheap and combining them to create a Franken-kobo might be your best bet.
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2019, 07:07 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If you do check eBay, you may be able to get an original Kobo Aura h2O for cheap. I've seen one going for abut $56.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 07:47 AM   #4
Junket
Nil adsuetudine maius
Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4
There isn't much on offer at the moment on (US) ebay. A better indication though is to use the advanced search & check the completed listings option. This gives you a recent history of what has been on offer & final prices.

There hasn't been any parts on offer in the last 90 days. There have been some used Aura HDs in good condition selling for $50. So assuming more items come up at the price point that might be an option, doubling the number of devices you own. One good device and a spare with a damaged bezel.
Junket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 10:58 PM   #5
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogar View Post
If anyone could help me out or give me a nudge in the right direction, I would appreciate it.
It's not the bezel, but someone on Mercari is selling a Kobo Aura HD with leather case and charger for $47 (shipping included) — I'm guessing this depends on whether you live in the U.S. or not, however

https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m879...search_results

I don't know the seller and can't vouch for him/her, but it appears he/she has a limited but good rating on Mercari.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
bezel spare replacement