Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-30-2010, 04:37 PM   #1
pashlit
Zealot
pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.

Device: DXG, PRS-350
Collections within collections? Is it possible?

Hello there,
I am not an IT person so please forgive me if I asked something stupid. But is it possible to create collections within collections? If Amazon could implement it in their firmware upgrade it would be neat and almost identical to folders. Now collections take almost the whole page on my Kindle DX. So I d like to have subgroups within collections.
Tnx
pashlit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:45 PM   #2
KecajN
Enthusiast
KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBoox Inkpad 3, Inkpad X
Quote:
Originally Posted by pashlit View Post
Hello there,
I am not an IT person so please forgive me if I asked something stupid. But is it possible to create collections within collections? If Amazon could implement it in their firmware upgrade it would be neat and almost identical to folders. Now collections take almost the whole page on my Kindle DX. So I d like to have subgroups within collections.
Tnx
I have 2.5 pages of collections... ;-)

If you need more detailed information, please search the forum. But if my memory serves me well, there is the following answer to your question:

- Format of the file used to define collections (collections.json) DOES support multilevel collections.

- Kindle in current firmware version does NOT understand multilevel collections (someone created proper file and loaded into Kindle - it displayed only first level of collections).

So it is technically possible that in some future format release Amazon will introduce such feature. But I am afraid it will not happen too soon.
KecajN is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2010, 10:57 PM   #3
paperwastage
Groupie
paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.

Device: kindle DX Graphite
we need to go D E E P E R

but yeah, you can only have 1 level atm...

Last edited by paperwastage; 09-30-2010 at 11:00 PM.
paperwastage is offline   Reply With Quote