Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-26-2009, 08:33 PM   #16
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Landstrom View Post
rcuadro, can you give me the address of the site you're getting it for 80 cents at? I get paid the same with the lower price so I don't mind it, but it doesn't make any sense. I just want to confirm that it really is the same version.

Thanks,
Sam
Heis is what I did. I clicked on your link, saw the book, I then clicked on your same to see all the books you had on and it listed the book twice... once for the 80 cents. I clicked on the 80 cent one
http://www.amazon.com/MetaGame/dp/B0...1332829&sr=1-1

I attached screen shots of the page where I purchased the book and a screen shot of my list of books purchased

-Rob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.png
Views:	298
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	34989   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 2.png
Views:	294
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	34990  
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:12 PM   #17
Sam Landstrom
Zealot
Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
rcuadro, thank you very much for the pointer to that other page. I hadn't realized it existed. I think you got the version from mobipocket. I didn't realize Amazon would distribute that version also. I Amazon and Mobipocket must be tight.

On second thought, rcuadro, I think the version you got is slightly older. Prepare for some extra typos and a few word and even name substitutions. ):

That said, it's 99.9% the same. I updated the mobipocket version now.
Sam Landstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:33 PM   #18
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
I wonder if the updated mobipocket version will automatically update on my kindle... hmmm
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:35 PM   #19
KevisHendrickson
Zealot
KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
I think you got the version from Mobipocket. I didn't realize Amazon would distribute that version also. I Amazon and Mobipocket must be tight.

Sam,

Just so you'd know, Amazon owns Mobipocket which is one of the reasons MobiPocket books are DRM-encrypted. If you go to your deploy interface screen, you'll see that under retailers list, there is an option on your interface screen which allows you to select which retailers you want to sell your Mobipocket ebook, including Amazon. When you first deploy your book to Mobipocket, it automatically lists you with all the suggested retailers. This is why the Mobipocket version of your book shows up on Amazon. Just passing on a little information to you.

BTW, congratulations on your book sales. Your book is doing very well. Wish I knew your secret!
KevisHendrickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 03:25 AM   #20
Journier
Groupie
Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Hey Sam, I have a 505 as well. An epub edition would be most welcome. Sounds like an interesting book. Thanks.
Journier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:30 PM   #21
Sam Landstrom
Zealot
Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevisHendrickson View Post
Sam,

Just so you'd know, Amazon owns Mobipocket which is one of the reasons MobiPocket books are DRM-encrypted. If you go to your deploy interface screen, you'll see that under retailers list, there is an option on your interface screen which allows you to select which retailers you want to sell your Mobipocket ebook, including Amazon. When you first deploy your book to Mobipocket, it automatically lists you with all the suggested retailers. This is why the Mobipocket version of your book shows up on Amazon. Just passing on a little information to you.

BTW, congratulations on your book sales. Your book is doing very well. Wish I knew your secret!
Thanks for the info Mr. Hedrickson. Ya, this MobiPocket connection to Amazon is pretty nice. It allows you to get the 20% discount again... at least for a while.

As for my secret, you already know it-- activity on forums like this one where readers want to find deals. That said, my sales fluctuate wildly from day to day and I don't know why half the time. Stacey Cochran, I'm sure you've seen him on the forums, is an indie author too and he way outsells me. We should both be hitting him up for secrets.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:04 PM   #22
Sam Landstrom
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journier View Post
Hey Sam, I have a 505 as well. An epub edition would be most welcome. Sounds like an interesting book. Thanks.
Hi Journier, I just looked into creating an epub edition. Looks relatively easy to do. I'll be on vacation for the next week, but after that I'll look into creating an epub file.

Thanks,
Sam
Old 09-15-2009, 11:49 PM   #23
Sam Landstrom
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journier View Post
I uploaded a FREE epub version. Hope you like it. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...815#post593815
Old 09-16-2009, 01:14 AM   #24
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
I uploaded a FREE epub version. Hope you like it. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...815#post593815
Sam!! **jumping to link as I type last exclamation mark**
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:40 AM   #25
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro

Downloaded and queued!
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:56 PM   #26
Sam Landstrom
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by animedude01 View Post

Downloaded and queued!
Cool, hope you like it!
Old 09-18-2009, 03:45 PM   #27
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
I too have downloaded it, e-pub version. Now the only issue is when I can get to it.
Treven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:08 PM   #28
Sam Landstrom
Zealot

MetaGame is FREE in a variety of formats

In addition to epub, you can now get the novel in a variety of formats. Send it to all your friends!

Get it here: http://samlandstrom.com/metagame.aspx

In addition, MetaGame has been recently re-edited. Some new content added and some semi-lame stuff pulled. BTW, the version in the Amazon store (for Kindle customers) was updated too and that one is only a penny, so if you'd rather use whispernet, go here: http://www.amazon.com/MetaGame-ebook/dp/B002L4EXB0.

I'd give it away, but Amazon won't let it go for free. Only traditional publishers can swing that deal. ):

Let me know if you run into issues with these formats. AND let me know if there are more formats you'd like me to include.

Sam
Old 09-21-2009, 12:05 PM   #29
Sam Landstrom
Zealot

Talking FREE mobi version of MetaGame novel

Hi, you can get a free .mobi file of my book MetaGame at http://samlandstrom.com/metagame.aspx.

If you don't mind spending a penny and want to help out my sales rank, you can buy it from the Amazon store: http://www.amazon.com/MetaGame-ebook/dp/B002L4EXB0

Enjoy!
Sam
Old 09-21-2009, 03:01 PM   #30
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
I'd buy the Amazon version if I had a kindle

Thanks for the Mobi version, saves my doing it myself.
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, high tech, metagame, science fiction