Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-21-2012, 03:30 PM   #46
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Was considering the Seagate but the mechanical HDD was a big deterrent. For something that will likely get tossed around, I reckon the Kingston with its SSD would be better suited. Sure, it's a big jump from 500GB to 32GB but I figured 32GB can still hold enough content for 3~4 hour drives for 720p stuff and much longer drives if I stick to SD content.
It only claims a battery life of up to 4 hours while the airstash claims 7. How does this work in practice? Can you use it while it is charging?

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:52 PM   #47
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
It only claims a battery life of up to 4 hours while the airstash claims 7. How does this work in practice? Can you use it while it is charging?
Haven't tried it yet but supposedly yes. Caveat, I think you have to have the device enabled with Wi-Fi already working before you plug it in. I think you might also need a high amperage charger (at least 1A?). I've got a 2.1A USB car charger for my iPad which I think should work with the Kingston so we'll see. Even then, our drive should take less than 3 hours unless traffic's really, really heavy. Unfortunately, aside from the LED light on the power button, I don't see any way of monitoring battery usage.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2012, 03:52 PM   #48
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post

Dale
I don't believe you can use it while charging. I can try it later though. The airstash I know you can't.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:21 PM   #49
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Just for the record, which apps allow viewing of divx or avi on the iPad? I'd like to check them out. Who knows-I might get an iPad next time!
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:12 PM   #50
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
Just for the record, which apps allow viewing of divx or avi on the iPad? I'd like to check them out. Who knows-I might get an iPad next time!
http://www.padgadget.com/2010/08/09/...-on-your-ipad/

http://www.hustmobile.com/goodplayer/

Last edited by monkeyluis; 03-21-2012 at 08:14 PM.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert