Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-06-2018, 02:39 AM   #1
Old-T
Old-T began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paper White
Books in my library missing in Calibre

Hi,
first of all, I've tried to search for this issue but hasn't found any answer.
When I added a book today I saw that according to Calibre this book was the first book by the author.
When I checked the disc I found (as I expected) that I had several other titles there. I can see that they were imported by Calibre before since the directory structure/naming is correct but the books are missing in Calibre.
Is there a way (using library maintenance maybe) to automatically add all these missing books books? (without copying them again to the same name but the Calibre number)
I suspect that I might have restored a library database from a backup sometime when there were books added after the backup.

The only other way I can see to solve is:
  • Import the whole file structure where Calibre is stored today
  • Do not import any duplicates
  • For each new book imported, check the author directory to see if the books already exists with different numbers
  • Remove the book with the lower number

The problem is that there are quite a lot of books missing...
Old-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 10:27 AM   #2
lexcafe
lexcafe began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre- Kindle
I had the same problem and wrote this post today:
I want to synchonize more than two Calibre directories with more than 10 directories
I tried to synchronize my different Calibre with each of about 10GB files. Copying one into another produce sometimes Chaos and most books in file do not appear in Calbre.
Now I bought 1 TB in Dropbox and will try that in all Pcs Laptops etc.

But really I am missing the option to compare one with another. Also it looks like that its becomes worse, if you have open calibre potable at the same time

????
lexcafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2018, 01:30 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexcafe View Post
I had the same problem and wrote this post today:
I want to synchonize more than two Calibre directories with more than 10 directories
I tried to synchronize my different Calibre with each of about 10GB files. Copying one into another produce sometimes Chaos and most books in file do not appear in Calbre.
Now I bought 1 TB in Dropbox and will try that in all Pcs Laptops etc.

But really I am missing the option to compare one with another. Also it looks like that its becomes worse, if you have open calibre potable at the same time

????
Copying one calibre library on top of another is NOT a supported option nor is it A Good Idea. If you look at the directory names in a calibre library, you will see a number in brackets after the book title (i.e. Wind in the Willows (3450) ) where the number is the recordID in the calibre database. Having different books with the same recordID is a good way to garbage your ebook collection. If you want access to your library from multiple machines, try using the Calibre Content Server.

To combine two libraries, have both libraries attached to a single calibre instance and use calibre to copy the contents of one library to the other. Slower than just mashing the two libraries together but the results will be usable.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 02:04 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
RIGHT
NEVER use the OS to do ANYTHING in the Library folder.

To Merge Libraries. (Both must appear on the Quick Switch list)

Open the Source Library: Select books to merge: Right click one: Copy To Library: <destination>: Optionaly, delete from source Library (AKA a Move)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote