Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-16-2013, 11:21 AM   #181
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by selina4books View Post
This is nice. I'll use the Reading one a lot. Too bad they removed "On Device" from the list. It was "All" and "On Device" and I used On Device all the time to keep all the archived books from cluttering up the list.
They didn't remove it, they just moved it. The option is now on the Library Settings page: the "Only show downloaded items" option is the same as the old Show "On device" option.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:35 AM   #182
selina4books
Addict
selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Glo, & Aura HD, KPW, Nook Glow, Nook HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
They didn't remove it, they just moved it. The option is now on the Library Settings page: the "Only show downloaded items" option is the same as the old Show "On device" option.
Thank you! I didn't even see that!
selina4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2013, 05:18 PM   #183
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Any way of distinguishing whether a book is on the SD vs Main storage?
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:56 PM   #184
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Calibre indicates which books is on reader with one list of books or on external SD card with another list of books.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:56 PM   #185
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
Any way of distinguishing whether a book is on the SD vs Main storage?
Unfortunately not.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2013, 07:38 AM   #186
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
filmo - thanks, I do use that.

davidfor - that's what I thought, but I'm a new Kobo user, so I was hoping I had just missed it.

Thanks to you both.

Lyn
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:44 PM   #187
Paul Evans
Paul Evans began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I have been using an SD card to store my sideloaded books (loaded through Calibre) onto my Kobo Touch for a while now.

I'd worked out how to ensure good high resolution cover images on the Touch by ticking the "Upload Covers for Books" box on the Advanced Calibre Kobo Touch plug in.

However, since the 3.0 update in November, I've noticed that there is now a delay of several seconds on the Kobo Touch Home screen before the cover image of any SD-sidelaoded epub book appears. (It's just a faint delay of a few seconds while the Kobo thinks about it. And it's only the most recently read book on the left hand side box... when it's in the second or third most recently read box, it's fine.)

Sideloaded books and purchased books added before November have no problems. It's just the new ones.

Not a major problem. Just curious.

Any suggestions?
Paul Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:01 AM   #188
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Paul,

Edit: While writing this, I remembered another post on a similar problem. When I finished, I went looking for it so that I could point to this. Of course it was the same poster. I have no idea why, but the probable cause just clicked into my brain when I read your post this time.

I think I know what is happening, but I don't have my Touch with me to test.

There are three or four different versions of the cover that the firmware uses in different places. Some time ago, Kobo added a new version and it seemed to replace a different file. But, this seemed to be only on the Touch. Because of this, I changed the files the driver generated. Testing on my Glo, it is using the file that I no longer send to the Touch on the for the current book tile on the home screen. I will check this with my Touch when I get home tonight.

If you want to confirm it, you can create the file yourself. The missing image file will be named with the suffix and extension " - N3_LIBRARY_FULL.parsed". The start of the image file name with look like "file____mnt_sd_" The the rest of the name is the file name of the book. The image files are stored on the SD card under "koboExtStorage\images-cache". If you search for the name of the book, you should find three image files. If yo copy the one that ends with " - AndroidBookLoadTablet_Aspect.parsed" to a new file with the same name but ending in " - N3_LIBRARY_FULL.parsed", that will create the file that I believe is missing.

To give some examples. For the book "High Citadel" by Desmond Bagley:

It is in: F:\Bagley, Desmond\High Citadel - Desmond Bagley.epub

The image file to find is: file____mnt_sd_Bagley,_Desmond_High_Citadel_-_Desmond_Bagley_epub - AndroidBookLoadTablet_Aspect.parsed

The image file to copy this to is: file____mnt_sd_Bagley,_Desmond_High_Citadel_-_Desmond_Bagley_epub - N3_LIBRARY_FULL.parsed

These are in: F:\koboExtStorage\images-cache\50\146

The two numbers at the end of the directory change depending on the file name used. That is why I suggest a search.

I will check this when I get to my Touch. If I am right, I'll fix it in the driver. It is an easy change, so it should get be in tomorrows release. Having a confirmation from someone else with a Touch and 3.0.x or 3.1.x firmware would be good.

David

Last edited by davidfor; 12-19-2013 at 01:07 AM.
Old 12-19-2013, 05:52 AM   #189
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

I have done my testing and I was right. As of 3.0.0, the Touch needs the "N3_LIBRARY_FULL" version of the cover image file again. Code checked in as bug#1262605. It should be in the next calibre release.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:23 PM   #190
Paul Evans
Paul Evans began at the beginning.

Thank you David. Your efforts on this have been marvellous. Just another example of the greatness of this online community. Much karma to you!

Paul
Paul Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:59 PM   #191
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Apologies if this has been talked about before but I'm on 3.1 and I turned off my wifi and now whenever I wake the reader up from sleep I get a pop up telling me that my wifi is off and asks me if I want to connect. It's annoying as hell. I've turned off auto update but I can't find any setting that will turn off the reminder. Any suggestions?
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:18 AM   #192
pdops
Zealot
pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post
Actually, that functionality IS there in firmware 3.1.1.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll check it out when (if) my Touch updates.
pdops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 06:20 AM   #193
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdops View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I'll check it out when (if) my Touch updates.
Actually, it isn't there for the Touch. Kobo haven't updated the library interface for the Touch yet. These filters are part of this update and are only on the Glo, Aura and Aura HD.