Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-16-2010, 02:32 AM   #16
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
You need to reset the .acsm file association back to Adobe DE and also stop the Sony software from changing it back.
In the Sony software go to Edit menu and select preferences. Untick Check for EPUB file type association.
Open Windows Explorer(not Internet Explorer :-) ) and go to Tools menu and select folder options the File Types.
Find ACSM Adobe Content Server Message and change the program associated with it back to Adobe Digital Editions and save the changes.
Now when you purchase or borrow an ebook Adobe DE should open instead of Sony Software to download the ebook
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:09 AM   #17
jen6060
Connoisseur
jen6060 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs505 (given away); Sony prs300; Nook
Thanks! i managed to get it done on the pc side. I'll go home later and do it on my Sony library - it's a relief..!
jen6060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2010, 09:39 AM   #18
ZombieEatsYou
Groupie
ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7" & 8.9"/Sony PRS 950/Entourage eDGe/Acer A500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen6060 View Post
Hi can someone pls help advise on how to reconfigure my Sony reader library, so that downloads from the public library dont by default open in the Sony library? I'd rather have it open in the ADE software because I now have a Nook and the Sony library doesnt detect any other device other than Sony readers.
At the moment I find that on certain library books, it just formats much better on Nook. I read the posting above from booksonboard, about selecting the software to open library file extension. Now how do I reverse this since i originally selected to open via Sony? I tried to uninstall and reinstall the sony software but the system doesnt prompt me anymore on the selection! Thanks in advance..
right click on the file you download, select "open with." If ADE isn't in the short list, then select "Choose Default Program." Browse to whereever the ADE directory is and choose the application. From then on whenever you double-click on a library book it should open in ADE.
ZombieEatsYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:25 AM   #19
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
A separate issue with ADE. I'm running Vista and for some reason, .epub files don't have an icon. It uses the icon "unknown file type" even though when double clicked on, they open fine with ADE. Any ideas how to change the icon in Vista?
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:33 AM   #20
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerLock View Post
A separate issue with ADE. I'm running Vista and for some reason, .epub files don't have an icon. It uses the icon "unknown file type" even though when double clicked on, they open fine with ADE. Any ideas how to change the icon in Vista?
I would like to know how to do this also. The files are associated with ADE but the icon is generic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ePub file details.JPG
Views:	180
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	50294  

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 04-22-2010 at 11:36 AM. Reason: removed personal info
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2010, 02:43 PM   #21
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I found a thread called ePub file icon? . It explains how to do it and has some icons to use. I haven't tried this yet.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:42 PM   #22
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thanks Dreams, It worked! Instead of 1 I used 3 though.
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote