Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-28-2023, 07:31 PM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldaluin View Post
This is what I'd like to know. Where does Amazon keep your books before they're pulled to a Kindle? How do I get to them with a PC? And do I have to worry about DRM?
At Amazon: Manage my (Digital) content: There is a down arrow at the right of each item: Where you can select Download and transfer by USB.
Note this encodes the DRM (if applied) for the Registered device chosen, which is why an Older e-ink is the preferred device.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BigAmanage.png
Views:	52
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	202346  
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 09:35 PM   #17
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I'm not certain but are Fire tablets able to use Download and Transfer via USB?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2023, 09:41 PM   #18
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I'm not certain but are Fire tablets able to use Download and Transfer via USB?
Yes they are. However there is currently no DRM removal solution for books downloaded with a Fire tablet as the destination.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 09:24 AM   #19
nabsltd
Evangelist
nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th gen), Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Note this encodes the DRM (if applied) for the Registered device chosen, which is why an Older e-ink is the preferred device.
I haven't had any problems with "Download and Transfer" on the latest Paperwhite with the latest firmware. I can import the book to Calibre and the DRM is stripped. Do you recommend this because the DRM on older devices has not been updated, and it will thus always work?

If so, what's the sweet spot device where you will get KF8 delivered but still have easy DRM removal?
nabsltd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, crash, kindle, linux, memory