Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-31-2019, 10:58 AM   #16
lucasrato
Enthusiast
lucasrato began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4
Well, it's a relief to know this isn't an error of mine

Thanks NiLuJe, I'll keep checking the github waiting for updates and/or news!!

Edit: In fact, I just realized there's a new vesion, 2019.12. I'll install it now (by overwriting the files)

Edit2: Wait, I don't know how github works exactly. It seems to me like you're updating some files right now, is it right? If so, should I download these changed files manually and overwrite them? or wait for a new update?

Last edited by lucasrato; 12-31-2019 at 11:05 AM.
lucasrato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 11:10 AM   #17
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
The fix will be in tomorrow's *nightly* (it's not in yesterday's 2019.12 release). Barring that, in next month's 2020.01 stable .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2019, 02:05 PM   #18
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
It is a simple matter to block Amazon updates. You just put a file in a folder. I strongly suggest you do this. Until then, I suggest you remove the wifi password on your Kindle. Accidents can happen. And that won't stop an open wifi hotspot.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 03:53 PM   #19
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
It is a simple matter to block Amazon updates. You just put a file in a folder. I strongly suggest you do this. Until then, I suggest you remove the wifi password on your Kindle. Accidents can happen. And that won't stop an open wifi hotspot.
That no longer works for firmware versions 5.12.x and some versions of 5.11.x on some devices.

Also do kindles now automatically connect to open wifi hotspots that they have never connected to before?
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 10:15 AM   #20
lucasrato
Enthusiast
lucasrato began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4
Happy new year guys!!

Just installed the last nightly version (2019.12-5), now when I try to update KOReader I get the message "no package found", so I think it's working now. When the next stable releases I'll try to use it to update.

Thanks!!
lucasrato is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2020, 10:26 AM   #21
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
That no longer works for firmware versions 5.12.x and some versions of 5.11.x on some devices.

Also do kindles now automatically connect to open wifi hotspots that they have never connected to before?
Interesting question.

Kindle firmware has always made it difficult to "complete (wifi) setup".
Perhaps they have just taken that out of the user's own hands now.
It least that seems to be the current trend @ Amazon.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 12:42 PM   #22
Junket
Nil adsuetudine maius
Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4
Not a definitive answer. But I did observe a fresh out of the box PW4 on 5.12.1 connect to an open hot spot on it's own initiative. Said it connected anyway. Not confirmed in other way than noting the connection message before it went into airplane mode.

Last edited by Junket; 01-01-2020 at 12:47 PM. Reason: checked notes to confirm fw version
Junket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 04:10 PM   #23
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junket View Post
Not a definitive answer. But I did observe a fresh out of the box PW4 on 5.12.1 connect to an open hot spot on it's own initiative. Said it connected anyway. Not confirmed in other way than noting the connection message before it went into airplane mode.
Understand it's not definitive, but still disturbing. (I guess they don't care whether there are bad actors sharing the hotspot or that the hotspot itself might be malicious.)

Not sure why quoting the above message puts the following after a bunch of empty lines (less the space characters inserted and substituted by me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junket View Post
u r l="https //www google com" /u r l
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 04:40 PM   #24
Junket
Nil adsuetudine maius
Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4
@j.p.s
The latter is an unexpected artifact of a workaround to provide white space at the bottom of a post as there doesn't seem to be a bbcode "space" or similar on this site.

One wouldn't expect bbcode formatting to be visible in a thread but it seems that the forum's software doesn't parse it as expected inside a quote.
Junket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 03:29 PM   #25
ayuand
ayuand began at the beginning.

Device: pw 5
current on 2023 oct koreader build, how do i update now
ayuand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 03:42 PM   #26
ayuand
ayuand began at the beginning.

Device: pw 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuand View Post
current on 2023 oct koreader build, how do i update now
nvm I was a noob,

Copy the koreader-kindle*.zip or koreader-kindle*.tar.gz** in the kindle root folder (a.k.a. /mnt/us, this is the folder that directly contains documents folder ). On the kindle, go to KUAL->KOReader->Tools->Update KOReader.

Done!

got this from https://github.com/koreader/koreader...Kindle-devices
ayuand is offline   Reply With Quote