Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-21-2016, 06:20 PM   #1
challe232
Connoisseur
challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Kobo Aura One replacement..they sent me an Edition 2...

I am so frustrated, 2 of my Aura ones have problems (returned the first one, second one I planned to replace through kobo), so I went to kobo to get a replacement, since its in warranty and I didnt want to keep returning it to the store.

I open it and its an edition 2! I thought it was nice they sent a case, but its all the wrong ereader.

I said so many times it was an Aura one..

Kobo..I am so frustrated.

Anyone else have this happen?
challe232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 08:22 PM   #2
challe232
Connoisseur
challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.

Then I was on hold for 30 min then decided to do the callback feature, they call me and noone is there. then i call again, on hold for 45 min before I reached someone
Advert
Old 10-22-2016, 05:00 AM   #3
TheHazardsDuke
Connoisseur
TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
I had an issue yesterday with superpoints and it's still not resolved. I don't know whats going on at Kobo but between the dodgy firmware & poor quality control of the Aura One, the fail that is the Aura Edition 2 (they might as well just hang a banner outside thier coprate HQ that says 'We don't want your custom, go to Amazon unless you're rich then buy a KA1') and what seems to be very poor customer service I can only imagine it must be utter incompetence or extreme levels of not giving a f***.

Well good luck challe232. Hopefully you get a KA1 in working order soon. For the all bother they've given you they should really give you some free credit or something.
TheHazardsDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 09:20 PM   #4
challe232
Connoisseur

Thanks a lot. I went to best buy and just returned it before I'm out of time- luckily they were very nice and didn't give me any trouble. I will wait or try again and hope for the best. Kobo has been nothing but a hassle.
Old 10-22-2016, 09:20 PM   #5
challe232
Connoisseur

What happened with your super points?
Advert
Old 10-23-2016, 07:01 AM   #6
TheHazardsDuke
Connoisseur
TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
At the moment it's still not resolved. I also now have a new bug with the desktop app with books no longer syncing properly onto my ereader. It's a hassle. I think Kobo has gone downhill ever since they were brought by Rakuten. I think they've stopped caring so much about the end product and are just looking at the bottom line.

It's good to hear you got it returned with no hassle. At least that's something. Now as you say you can wait and see if things pick up in the future. Maybe a batch two down the line Kobo's QC may have picked up or maybe Amazon will have a large screen Kindle. I'm certainly considering switching to Kindle if Kobo can't (or won't) sort out this superpoints issue.
TheHazardsDuke is offline   Reply With Quote