Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 05-26-2015, 07:38 PM   #1
mholiv
mholiv began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
OSX Updates

Hello,

I am a python dev with objective-c experience with a personal itch to scratch. I love how active the project is, but on macs at least the process of updating calibre is tedious.

If I where interested developing, could I expect any support on implementing a OS X update management system?

I would use sparkle, a BSD licensed, well developed update platform popular on OS X.

In terms of infrastructure all I would need is a rss feed of the latest releases along with links to a xziped version of the app itself.

Your thoughts?
mholiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 10:20 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Isn't there already an OS X app for that: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=204157

And, last time I checked Sparkle was tied to XCode, which makes it a non-starter for calibre. Also why do you need an xz, IIRC Sparkle works fine with dmg. There is already an RSS feed for calibre releases (link is at the bottom of the calibre website). If it needs any extra metadata in its entries,let me know and I will be happy to add it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert