Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-25-2010, 10:56 AM   #1
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Borders - Select books for $5 each

$5 for any listed ebook:

http://www.borders.com/online/store/...id=SA_20101225

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-25-2010 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Edited for clarity
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 11:27 AM   #2
eric11210
Addict
eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
Some good stuff there including Dan Brown, John Grisham and Dean Koontz' latest. Discounts are a mixed bag. While all are just $5, some are discounted from list price of $7.99 while others are discounted from as much as $15.99. Also, the list above is for mystery/thriller. In addition, there are:

Fiction
Non Fiction
Kids and Young Adult
Romance
Science Fiction and Fantasy

All with some good stuff. I decided to get Darkly Dreaming Dexter (it's a novel on which Dexter the TV show is based). It's $7.59 on Amazon and regularly $9.89 at Borders (according to Ink Mesh).

Finally, it says limited time only but doesn't specify a time period. Thanks for pointing this out Jbcohen. I don't usually bother with Borders, but this is a good deal.
eric11210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2010, 12:15 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
The Dexter books is also on sale for $5 at Amazon and B&N.

It seems this sale is hitting all the major retailers.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 01:45 PM   #4
icewyche
Dark Queen of Bibliomanes
icewyche has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric11210 View Post
Finally, it says limited time only but doesn't specify a time period.
The sale runs until 1/2/11. It was in very small print on the e-mail, but I don't think it's listed on the actual list pages.
icewyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 02:42 PM   #5
SleepyBob
Evangelist
SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
I just got my Nook today. Do Borders ebooks work fine with it?
SleepyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2010, 03:44 PM   #6
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyBob View Post
I just got my Nook today. Do Borders ebooks work fine with it?
Go nuts!
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 04:50 PM   #7
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
Amazon apparently is price matching.

See here for more info: http://booksontheknob.blogspot.com/2...pubkindle.html

I'm thinking of jumping in on Open and on My Life in France.
RockdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 05:07 PM   #8
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Check the specifications Sleepybob if you download from Borders in epub format I believe that your nook can handle that, but not if you download in PDF. you need to check the specs on your nook to make sure that it will handle epub books.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 05:53 PM   #9
The Joker
Addict
The Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookColor.........rooted
I've pulled down 2 epub books from Borders on my NC, with no issues.....just had to download them thru the ADE software....
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote