Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-11-2010, 11:34 PM   #1
shane.hamilton
shane.hamilton began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Question Danielle Steel substitute

I'm looking for a Danielle Steel substitute for my wife. She's read all of Danielle Steel's books and doesn't know who else she would like.

For myself I'm looking for someone similar to Peter F Hamilton, again, I've read all of his books and I'm having trouble finding similar talent.

Margaret Weis' Death Gate Cycle was one of my favourites if that helps, I'm big on series as I like a lot of character development but I like it to be spread out (otherwise it's like reading a dictionary).

Altered Carbon (Richard Morgan) was one of my favourite books/series, fast pace great character.

Any suggestions? Mostly looking for the Danielle Steel replacement. Links are appreciated, not afraid to check out some indy authors either so if there are any out there that think they fit the bill let me know.
shane.hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 02:00 AM   #2
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Hmm. It depends on what your wife likes about Danielle Steele. I'd suggest Kristin Hannah ("saga" type romances with lots of characters and issues) or Debbie Macomber (a bit on the Christian side, but full of pathos and "girl next door" heroines).
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2010, 03:45 AM   #3
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Oh, also a new author named Lisa Dale might suit. Her first release, "Simple Wishes" was a best-seller and very well-written.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
danielle steel, suggestions