Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-08-2024, 11:28 PM   #1
KetchupCider
KetchupCider can extract oil from cheeseKetchupCider can extract oil from cheeseKetchupCider can extract oil from cheeseKetchupCider can extract oil from cheeseKetchupCider can extract oil from cheeseKetchupCider can extract oil from cheeseKetchupCider can extract oil from cheeseKetchupCider can extract oil from cheese

Device: Paperwhite 4, Paperwhite 5 SE
Airplane Mode/Wifi Toggle from Command Line

Hi,
I'm hoping to find out how to turn on/off my wireless connectivity from command-line. I've tried a few commands to test this:
  • ifconfig wlan0 down
  • ip link set wlan0 down
  • iw int wlan0 down
  • ip link set dev wlan0 down
  • ifdown wlan0
and many other commands that have worked on Linux elsewhere, but these don't seem to work on the Kindle from my testing so far.

For additional context, my goal is to use cron scheduling to enable Wifi daily for a brief connect & sync period from one Kindle, so it won't need to have Wifi connected constantly.

I'm certain invoking Airplane mode from command-line would be sufficient as well, but I'm just not certain how to do that at this point. Has anyone done this before?
KetchupCider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 08:53 AM   #2
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
Try those commands:

Code:

lipc-set-prop com.lab126.cmd wirelessEnable 1
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.cmd wirelessEnable 0
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 10:06 PM   #3
KetchupCider
KetchupCider can extract oil from cheeseKetchupCider can extract oil from cheeseKetchupCider can extract oil from cheeseKetchupCider can extract oil from cheeseKetchupCider can extract oil from cheeseKetchupCider can extract oil from cheeseKetchupCider can extract oil from cheeseKetchupCider can extract oil from cheese

Device: Paperwhite 4, Paperwhite 5 SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
Try those commands:

Code:

lipc-set-prop com.lab126.cmd wirelessEnable 1
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.cmd wirelessEnable 0
That worked perfectly, thank you!!
KetchupCider is offline   Reply With Quote