Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 02-22-2009, 05:56 AM   #1
nwinter
Zealot
nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony PS-505, Iphone and about to add a Kindle DX
looking for library application for iphone.

Hi, I am looking at getting an Iphone but am unable to locate an application that will allow me to have my library data on it. I am currently using a palm with a programme which allows me to have various categories and I am able to make notes for the books I have read on my Sony 505. Does anyone know of any application for Iphone that is similar? thanks

Natalie
nwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:09 AM   #2
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwinter View Post
Hi, I am looking at getting an Iphone but am unable to locate an application that will allow me to have my library data on it. I am currently using a palm with a programme which allows me to have various categories and I am able to make notes for the books I have read on my Sony 505. Does anyone know of any application for Iphone that is similar? thanks

Natalie
I'm using a combination of Calibre on my PC, and bookworm and stanza for my iTouch. Here's the link for information. http://m.bookworm.oreilly.com/about/tour

This combination is working for me, as Calibre allows you to tag, classify and edit metadata for any non-drm'd ebook, and to take and convert it to epub. You can then upload your epubs to your bookworm library and access them through your iPhone or iTouch.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2009, 09:16 PM   #3
nwinter
Zealot
nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony PS-505, Iphone and about to add a Kindle DX
Thanks for the advice. I am using the Sony Library but it still may work as I am happy to add it all manually. Will have a good look at the link.

Natalie
nwinter is offline   Reply With Quote