Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-06-2009, 03:28 AM   #1
vally
vally has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vally has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vally has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad wifi 64gb
Has anyone tried the BookArmor Case?

I too am looking for a case to give better screen protection and saw this one
originally advertised through Ebay.

Here is the link to the company -

http://www.extremeinkjet.com/Electro...rmor_s/655.htm
vally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:57 AM   #2
MidknytOwl
Zealot
MidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Aura
I have not, though there is another thread where they talk about it here.

I read in a different thread that it looks just like the organizer covers you can buy, in which you can get them for under $10 and cut out a clipboard and insert it in the front for extra protection. (Don't remember where I read it though, so no link)

Me, I (finally) just ordered the Tuff-Luv cover that they talked about here. Hands free reading while eating, here I come.
MidknytOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2009, 08:15 AM   #3
revfish
The Pastor of Disaster
revfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-650, Apple iPad 3 64GB Wifi
I am not sure about the thread but I am the one that recommended the clipboard insert. I am quite happy with my At A Glance cover.
revfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:22 PM   #4
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
I have the Book Armor cover (got it for Christmas) and I love it! It holds my precious Reader snug and secure. I carry it with me more often now that I can put it in my purse without worrying if something in my purse will get inside the cover and damage the screen of my Reader or carelessly tossing my purse into the back seat.

The cover seems to be well made; it has a 'handle' of sorts on the spine which makes for a very natural, comfortable way to hold it while I'm reading. I just slip my fingers through allowing them to support one side while my thumb supports the other side. It is different from how I used to do it with simply folding the stock cover back but I quickly adjusted.

I am thinking of stenciling a design on the front cover; I keep opening it upside down!
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 06:49 PM   #5
vally
vally has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vally has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vally has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad wifi 64gb
Thanks for replies - I have ordered a Book Armour - I could not find the one At A Glance selling in the UK. I like the look of the Tuff-Luv cover
vally is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2009, 07:35 AM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaCat View Post
I have the Book Armor cover (got it for Christmas) and I love it! It holds my precious Reader snug and secure. I carry it with me more often now that I can put it in my purse without worrying if something in my purse will get inside the cover and damage the screen of my Reader or carelessly tossing my purse into the back seat.

The cover seems to be well made; it has a 'handle' of sorts on the spine which makes for a very natural, comfortable way to hold it while I'm reading. I just slip my fingers through allowing them to support one side while my thumb supports the other side. It is different from how I used to do it with simply folding the stock cover back but I quickly adjusted.

I am thinking of stenciling a design on the front cover; I keep opening it upside down!
MarciaCat, do you have to open the cover to view the screen? I have an MEdge Leisure Cover that has a clear plastic front so you can leave it zipped shut yet still view the screen. Very handy for reading at the beach, pool or on a boat. Also, I use it like that for the gym. When I'm traveling and have my reader in a carry on bag, I just place it in the Leisure Cover against the padded back screen first.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 04:21 PM   #7
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yep, I have to unzip the case and open the cover to read it. My problem is I'll unzip the cover and open it up only to come face to face with the back of my Reader and I have to turn the whole thing over. Now if only it were made of something clear, like Star Trek's transparent aluminum I wouldn't have that problem!

I had considered the M-Edge case but I wanted more rigid protection.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:22 AM   #8
carchase
Enthusiast
carchase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.carchase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.carchase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I own the BookArmor and it's worth the money in my opinion. I use it more for transporting my reader than actually reading with the reader in the case. Now I can throw my reader in my laptop bag and not worry about the screen getting cracked.

I had the "titanium" case earlier and it got dinged up over a few months.
carchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:27 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by carchase View Post
I own the BookArmor and it's worth the money in my opinion. I use it more for transporting my reader than actually reading with the reader in the case. Now I can throw my reader in my laptop bag and not worry about the screen getting cracked.

I had the "titanium" case earlier and it got dinged up over a few months.
The titanium case is just an old candy tin. It's nothing special and a waste of money.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:41 PM   #10
svakanda
Enthusiast
svakanda began at the beginning.

Device: none
yeah i don't like the titanium case either. cheap.
svakanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:52 PM   #11
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie

The "titanium" box sort of reminds me of an Altoids tin! I'm quite pleased with the BookArmor case, I take my Reader a lot more places leading to more reading time!
Old 02-28-2009, 10:16 PM   #12
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
I have the Book Armor case, and I really like it. It's too large to use to carry the reader in my regular purse, but when I travel, it fits right in my travel purse & makes me feel like my reader is MUCH safer than in the original case alone. I like so much that it's rigid, and that it zips.

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:01 PM   #13
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
I have used the BookArmor for a couple of months. I bought the case at the same time I bought the reader. I never take it out. I have done all of my reading while leaving the 505 in the BookArmor.

After 2 months the outside is showing some dirt. I guess it is time to scrub it down.

It is maybe a half inch wider and a half inch taller then the 505. It has a handle on one side that provides a nice handhold. It seems as if this was designed to fit this reader that is how well it fits.

The reader was isn't cheap so protecting it is worth it to me.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:53 PM   #14
Greg G
Groupie
Greg G is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Papwerwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by svakanda View Post
yeah i don't like the titanium case either. cheap.
I still use the titanium case when I'm on travel. I destroyed my 500s screen by putting it in my brief case in an overhead bin. Does this case really provide the rigid protection of the titanium case? I agree it is kind of cheap feeling but it gives me confidence that my screen will never get bent.

-Greg
Greg G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:10 PM   #15
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg G View Post
I still use the titanium case when I'm on travel. I destroyed my 500s screen by putting it in my brief case in an overhead bin. Does this case really provide the rigid protection of the titanium case? I agree it is kind of cheap feeling but it gives me confidence that my screen will never get bent.

-Greg
The BookArmor case is very sturdy; the front and back are rigid and unbendable and unlike the tin it can't be dented!