Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-22-2008, 04:30 PM   #16
nwinter
Zealot
nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony PS-505, Iphone and about to add a Kindle DX
no it does not have a pouch for storing things, however it does have 2 plastic strips on either side to hold the cover in place. Given that I have no intention of using the amour to read the book with, you could put the cards in there maybe? Also I mentioned I have the pink leather cover so that has the slots to hold the cards for me so dont really need another pouch. As far as the question on the USB cables, this one has always confused me. I am never going to be away from any other bag/house to need to carry the lead and given how long the 505 lasts on a single charge I dont think I would ever need to access the USB cable. If I do, it can go in the computer bag with the computer that it needed to hook up to ( if that makes sense).

I think the armour is what it is. A safe way to transport/store the reader and stop a very expensive mistake of smashed screen. The Cards are in the cover anyway and it takes the reader and the thick leather cover easily which the problem I found in other carriers. Hope that helps a bit.

Natalie
nwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 04:56 PM   #17
Harry001
Addict
Harry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enough

Device: palmone lifedrive+sonyreader 505+NookColor+HPTouchpad \32GB+NookSimple
Wolf had a good suggestion - to look at Staples for a small binder with the right size for the reader.
If it has additional pockets for memorycards, that would be the icing on the cake.

I will try it in the next weeks and if i find something good, i will post it in this thread.
If not, i will probably buy that "Armor-thiny".
Take care
Harry
Harry001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2009, 08:36 PM   #18
TwiSteDCBloSsoM
Enthusiast
TwiSteDCBloSsoM doesn't litterTwiSteDCBloSsoM doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
This sounds sooo perfect for me. I just ordered the leather case from sony though so I don't have the extra money for this.. It's so on my list of things to get though. I always worry about things happening to my electronics. Like I have a wacom intuos 3 tablet and I worry so much about the cats messing it up. So I ended up getting this desk monitor stand/ keyboard tray and I use the tray to keep the tablet safe from the cats. Same with getting a hard case for my nintendo DS. I just get so paranoid about something happening. Nice to know that the case can also hold the leather case for the reader from sony, so you have the little pockets for memory cards and the area for identification. All with keeping the reader that much more safe.
TwiSteDCBloSsoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:34 PM   #19
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
I got the BookArmor case for Christmas and I love it! I no longer worry when I put it in my purse or worry about what a cat might do to it when I put it down for the night on my nightstand. I'm even thinking about stenciling a design on it just to jazz it up a bit.
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:26 AM   #20
TwiSteDCBloSsoM
Enthusiast

That cat thing is the whole reason I want one. I currently hide my reader at night in the little tray with my tablet so the cats can't get it.

Cat's and books I tell ya.. When I read a normal book the cat's always trying to sit on it while I'm reading. Or when you put it down they are on it. Lovely fun and all.
Advert
Old 01-03-2009, 05:33 PM   #21
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiSteDCBloSsoM View Post
That cat thing is the whole reason I want one. I currently hide my reader at night in the little tray with my tablet so the cats can't get it.

Cat's and books I tell ya.. When I read a normal book the cat's always trying to sit on it while I'm reading. Or when you put it down they are on it. Lovely fun and all.
I have a couple of dead-tree books that have been customized by bored budgerigars, but I don't think they can chew through the metal case as easily as through paper!
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:05 PM   #22
TwiSteDCBloSsoM
Enthusiast

My book shelf has plastic covers for each shelf because of a certain cat that can spray things even though he was fixed. I don't know how many books and purses I've lost to that cat.

So far the reader is doing great. I usually have it on top of the kleenex boc and the cat leaves it alone.
I got the actual leather case and ac adapter in the mail the other day. I really like the leather cover compared to the soft one it comes with.
Now to scrape up the money to get this armor case to go with it lol.

I'm really paranoid about things happening.. so I have everything important in my purse.. the reader, ipod, phone, nintendo DS. Then I have the chargers to in case something happens.

At some point I'm going to get one of those laptop bag purses so I can have EVERYTHING important with me.. like the laptop and tablet to.

Paranoia has it's good points though. Like getting this new case.. the cat can't demolish it. The cat sitting on it won't kill it either.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:41 PM   #23
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiSteDCBloSsoM View Post
My book shelf has plastic covers for each shelf because of a certain cat that can spray things even though he was fixed. I don't know how many books and purses I've lost to that cat.

So far the reader is doing great. I usually have it on top of the kleenex box and the cat leaves it alone.
I got the actual leather case and ac adapter in the mail the other day. I really like the leather cover compared to the soft one it comes with.
Now to scrape up the money to get this armor case to go with it lol.

Paranoia has it's good points though. Like getting this new case.. the cat can't demolish it. The cat sitting on it won't kill it either.
He must certainly be related to my Murphy; I've had library style book covers from Brodart on my books for years for the same reason!! He's fourteen years old and was snipped at six months; should have done it at four months, I guess.

Hi, my name is Murphy the spray can:
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:21 PM   #24
TwiSteDCBloSsoM
Enthusiast

Ahh Taz is 13.

At least in the name of the cases for the reader.. they are at least replaceable. Even if they are 30+ bucks a pop. Better than the cat fouling up my reader though. I wouldn't have a cat if he did that one.

We had Taz done at 4. I honestly don't know why he can still do it. The other boy cat started peeing on the floor because Taz sprays. Dang cat had to find a way to mark his stuff to.

It makes me really glad that my computer is on a desk and that the reader never leaves my sight. Usually because it's stuck under my nose.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:30 AM   #25
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (plus lots of older devices)
Looked at these on eBay but $30.00 for international shipping? It weighs what, half a kilo? I have got paper books shipped from Amazon for 1/5th that price. I hate it when companies try to make a profit by boosting up the shipping fees.
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:34 AM   #26
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Swift View Post
Looked at these on eBay but $30.00 for international shipping? It weighs what, half a kilo? I have got paper books shipped from Amazon for 1/5th that price. I hate it when companies try to make a profit by boosting up the shipping fees.
I agree that US$30 is excessive, but there are often postal regulations that allow books to be shipped more cheaply than other items. http://www.usps.com/prices/media-mail-prices.htm
http://www.usps.com/send/waystosendm.../mediamail.htm
I'm not sure if it applies to things shipped outside the U.S.
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:52 AM   #27
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (plus lots of older devices)
I used Amazon just as an example. I have received items other than books from the States that weighed much more than this case would weigh for much cheaper. My first PRS-500 was mailed to China (which I bought off eBay) for about $15.00.

It is a common tactic. Give something a cheap price and then get the profit from excessive shipping charges. Tiresome. Nothing worse than paying a lot on shipping then receiving the package and seeing on the box that the actual shipping charge was half than what you paid.
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:16 AM   #28
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
That's why I didn't buy Titanium tin box. It's price was $25, while shipping $30. However, I believe it saved my money because I bought DVD tin box for £4.35 including delivery and it serves the purpose.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:57 PM   #29
MidknytOwl
Zealot
MidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Aura
I agree the shipping is ridiculous. My mom mailed me a care package for Christmas here in South Korea for $65, and it weighed 12 pounds (and shipping here for some reason is a lot more than it was to ship to Spain, so that's a higher end price).

This cover would easily fit in the flat rate international priority envelopes that are $12, and would probably be cheaper if they paid real shipping on them, so there is no excuse whatsoever. I get that they're trying to make extra money, but when shipping is the same price as the product, people most likely aren't going to buy it.
MidknytOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:08 PM   #30
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Interesting... will they put there money where their marketing is and provide a breakage warranty?

Of course, I always wondered if anyone collects on these warranties... like the $10,000 warranties that come with surge protectors. How do I prove I was using the device that is fried and didn't just buy the thing after the fact and then make a claim a week later.

BOb
from the damage report made by an inspector after you are hit by lightning.

and its up to $10,000. it you only loose your TV, than you only get the price of the TV.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote