Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-13-2021, 11:48 AM   #166
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by dumb luck. I'm sure they're aware of The Tools, but I doubt they think about them very much at all when implementing changes.
Oh, it's happened twice now that a version of DeDRM gets released that handles the latest KFX, and the next day it no longer works.

Luckily I don't care about KFX (yet!), but for those books which are only available in KFX, it must be very frustrating.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 12:19 PM   #167
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I admit the current situation somewhat depresses me. <snip>

Not that I'd have nothing to read, of course ... my TBR list is several hundred years long. But still...
You and Me both. The only good thing about covid is my TBR list shrank a TINY bit

Sorry, but I do attribute Malice. I keep seeing Truck load after truck load of bricks heading their way

Since they are aware of This site, how about blocking their domains (would not stop, but would require off-campus access effort to see what is up)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2021, 12:29 PM   #168
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I doubt that Amazon come here for DeDRM news. They probably just watch the github repository.
Old 04-13-2021, 04:00 PM   #169
Stevex
Addict
Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I didnt have time to investigate this at all, but I just installed 7.2 and downloaded a book from amz and imported to calibre. DRM was not removed. Removed 7.2 and reinstalled 7.1. Everything worked fine.
I have no time to look at this but mention it here in case anyone else has similar experience
Stevex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 04:13 PM   #170
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevex View Post
I didnt have time to investigate this at all, but I just installed 7.2 and downloaded a book from amz and imported to calibre. DRM was not removed. Removed 7.2 and reinstalled 7.1. Everything worked fine.
I have no time to look at this but mention it here in case anyone else has similar experience
There's a 7.2.1
Advert
Old 04-13-2021, 04:21 PM   #171
dep729
dep729 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PC
Help with loading Kindle eBooks into Calibre

Broke down and got Kindle for PC (v1.30.0) and Kindle for Android (v8.40.0).

Already have Calibre v5.13 with deDRM v7.1 installed and working for B&N ePub (Python is also installed).

Can someone point me to instructions on how to load Kindle ebooks (all 3 of them currently) into Calibre? Hopefully stripping the deDRM? From either Kindle PC or Kindle Android (phone app, books saved to mini-SD).

I've searched, but apparently am blind to what might help.

Thank you.

dep729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 04:33 PM   #172
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I doubt that Amazon come here for DeDRM news. They probably just watch the github repository.
It's true that the github repository makes it pretty easy for anyone to easily track when things are happening. That's the price one pays for convenience, I guess. I'm sure no one wants to go back to the days of trolling through a year's long comment section on thedarkreverer's website to find a particular attachment, but it sure weeded out all but the most diehard of pilgrims.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 04-13-2021 at 04:42 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 04:39 PM   #173
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dep729 View Post
Broke down and got Kindle for PC (v1.30.0) and Kindle for Android (v8.40.0).

Already have Calibre v5.13 with deDRM v7.1 installed and working for B&N ePub (Python is also installed).

Can someone point me to instructions on how to load Kindle ebooks (all 3 of them currently) into Calibre? Hopefully stripping the deDRM? From either Kindle PC or Kindle Android (phone app, books saved to mini-SD).

I've searched, but apparently am blind to what might help.

Thank you.

If you have Calibre, then installing Python separately is not necessary.

Unfortunately you cannot do anything with the latest Kindle for PC, nor with Kindle for Android, as far as DRM removal goes. Read this:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...61&postcount=1

In short, you need an old version of Kindle for PC or an eink Kindle.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 04:53 PM   #174
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Unfortunately you cannot do anything with the latest Kindle for PC, nor with Kindle for Android, as far as DRM removal goes. Read this:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...61&postcount=1

In short, you need an old version of Kindle for PC or an eink Kindle.
Method 2 in the post linked above has a link to another post with instructions for making the current version of Kindle for PC usable for downloads.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 02:04 AM   #175
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

I suppose it's a bit late to point out that detailed help with DRM removal isn't permitted on MobileRead?

If you're stuck, ask at Apprentice Harper's github repository, or at Apprentice Alf's blog.
Old 04-14-2021, 04:36 PM   #176
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Since this all started I’ve stayed on 4.23. Long term is that a viable option?

I have a large library with multiple plugins and don’t understand calibre portable so I’m reluctant to try the portable/5.0 version route unless I have to.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 05:57 PM   #177
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post

I have a large library with multiple plugins and don’t understand calibre portable so I’m reluctant to try the portable/5.0 version route unless I have to.
The latest Calibre with the latest Alf works perfectly well at the moment. You don't have to hold onto 4.23.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 02:09 AM   #178
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post

"Long Term"? Twenty years? Probably not. Two years? Certainly.
Old 04-15-2021, 02:33 AM   #179
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I wonder if Calibre is proofed against the year 2038 problem
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 09:39 AM   #180
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
The only challenge with long term support is that web sites that calibre accesses for items like metadata do change, and those do require updates within calibre itself.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dedrm