Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-17-2008, 04:03 PM   #16
digitalzen
Connoisseur
digitalzen doesn't litterdigitalzen doesn't litterdigitalzen doesn't litter

Device: none
I'm about to run out on my free Office trail...would i be able to open my old MS Office files in Open Office?
digitalzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:17 PM   #17
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalzen View Post
I'm about to run out on my free Office trail...would i be able to open my old MS Office files in Open Office?
Yes, with a caveat: Open Office 3.0 can read the "docx" files created by Office 2007. It cannot write them.

You should be able to Save As in an older MS Office format if you have any of those.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2008, 06:05 PM   #18
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
And if it matters O.O. will not directly run Excel macros, at least not the examples our office computer guy tried.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:05 PM   #19
digitalzen
Connoisseur
digitalzen doesn't litterdigitalzen doesn't litterdigitalzen doesn't litter

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
Yes, with a caveat: Open Office 3.0 can read the "docx" files created by Office 2007. It cannot write them.

You should be able to Save As in an older MS Office format if you have any of those.
______
Dennis
Good to know...thanks for your reply!
digitalzen is offline   Reply With Quote