Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-25-2021, 03:15 AM   #586
GlennD
Wizard
GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS350, iPhone, iPad
Amazon/Comixology has a huge lot of the Marvel Masterworks series on sale for $1.99 (a lot of volume 1s are $.99). This is a great chance to collect a ton of classic marvel stuff.

There are too many to list here, but this link is the search in comics, sorted by price. The sale ends 1/3/22.

https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=masterw...35&ref=sr_pg_1
GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 02:54 PM   #587
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
If you're Canadian, I'd go with Comixology for the sale. Things get weird when you have a Canadian account and you try to buy US Kindle stuff.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2021, 07:48 PM   #588
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennD View Post
Amazon/Comixology has a huge lot of the Marvel Masterworks series on sale for $1.99 (a lot of volume 1s are $.99). This is a great chance to collect a ton of classic marvel stuff.

There are too many to list here, but this link is the search in comics, sorted by price. The sale ends 1/3/22.

https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=masterw...35&ref=sr_pg_1
Thanks! I had seen the Spider-Man titles on sale (around the movie) but the others look to be just added.

This sale is also duplicated on Google Play and possibly other retailers.
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 09:07 PM   #589
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
I think I'm going to pick up the old Atlas Era Masterworks when Marvel was aping EC's horror comics.

Menace

Journey Into Mystery
Tales to Astonish
Tales of Suspense
Strange Tales
Battlefield

I wish the Larry Leiber Rawhide Kid issues were available. I don't think those have even been digitized yet though.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 10:03 AM   #590
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I adore the Asterix comics, from back in my middle-school days, when my French teacher assigned some of them to us, to learn vocabulary. He also encouraged us to try to figure out the puns and jokes, some of which are very French, and were hard to suss out, but hilarious once (if) we figured them out. The English translations are really fun too, and the translators (mostly Anthea Bell and Derek Hockridge) did an amazing job IMO of translating what they could and maintaining the spirit when they couldn't. Now two omnibuses of Asterix comics in English are on sale at Kindle US, one for $0.99 and one for $1.99.

Asterix Omnibus #1: Asterix the Gaul, Asterix and the Golden Sickle, and Asterix and the Goths, $0.99
Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BK4M21B
Kindle US/Smile: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08BK4M21B

Asterix Omnibus #4: Asterix the Legionary, Asterix and the Chieftain’s Shield, and Asterix and the Olympic Games, $1.99
Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08YXDTCSV
Kindle US/Smile: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08YXDTCSV
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2022, 03:29 PM   #591
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Thank you! Haven’t read Asterix in like 50 years, so this is a perfect opportunity to re-connect.
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 10:22 AM   #592
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

YW! Me too, I've just started rereading them after several decades myself. Although I did drag my husband and son to Parc Asterix, just north of Paris, several times over various European vacations. Wonderfully done theme park, IMO, much better than Disney if you like the Asterix series...

The omnibuses seem fairly new, so I have hopes more will go on sale in the future!
Old 01-09-2022, 10:54 AM   #593
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oddly, they haven’t migrated to my Comixology account even though I bought them about 24 hours ago. Usually they show up in both places within an hour.
Old 01-09-2022, 02:44 PM   #594
brouer
Enthusiast
brouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipedia

Device: Various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
I adore the Asterix comics, from back in my middle-school days, when my French teacher assigned some of them to us, to learn vocabulary. He also encouraged us to try to figure out the puns and jokes, some of which are very French, and were hard to suss out, but hilarious once (if) we figured them out. The English translations are really fun too, and the translators (mostly Anthea Bell and Derek Hockridge) did an amazing job IMO of translating what they could and maintaining the spirit when they couldn't. Now two omnibuses of Asterix comics in English are on sale at Kindle US, one for $0.99 and one for $1.99.

Asterix Omnibus #1: Asterix the Gaul, Asterix and the Golden Sickle, and Asterix and the Goths, $0.99

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BK4M21B

Kindle US/Smile: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08BK4M21B

Asterix Omnibus #4: Asterix the Legionary, Asterix and the Chieftain’s Shield, and Asterix and the Olympic Games, $1.99

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08YXDTCSV

Kindle US/Smile: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08YXDTCSV
Unfortunately, it appears to be a new translation.

It may be fine, but could affect the nostalgia score for returning readers.

Sent from my moto g(30) using Tapatalk
brouer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 11:29 AM   #595
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Sigh! Fingers crossed....

Quote:
Originally Posted by brouer View Post
Unfortunately, it appears to be a new translation.

It may be fine, but could affect the nostalgia score for returning readers.

Sent from my moto g(30) using Tapatalk
Old 01-24-2022, 08:50 AM   #596
salty-horse
Wizard
salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Dark One (volume 1) by Brandon Sanderson, Jackson Lanzing, Collin Kelly, Nathan C. Gooden,
and Kurt Michael Russell is $3.99 on Amazon.com
Quote:
Paul Tanasin is a young man haunted by visions of a dark and fantastic world—visions he initially believes are hallucinations. But when he discovers they are prophecies from Mirandus, a world in which he's destined to become a fearsome destroyer, he'll have to embrace the fear, rise up as the Dark One, and shatter everything. DARK ONE examines the dual roles we often take on in life-the ability to be a savior as well as a destroyer.
salty-horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 02:35 PM   #597
TrevorViking
Wizard

Nice bundle of 2000AD etc
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/r...h-comics-books
Old 02-19-2022, 03:52 PM   #598
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
Hey, very nice find! Thank you!

I already have the Charley's War volumes and don't care much about Dredd and the spin-offs. But there's still a lot of groovy stuff in there. I've been looking at those Hugo Pratt books for a long time.

By the way, the 2000 AD/Rebellion store is very nice. They sell DRM-free CBZs and ePubs. Nice place to shop.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 02:59 PM   #599
TrevorViking
Wizard

https://www.humblebundle.com/stand-w...le?refc=WNzzMd
This bundle is mostly games, but a fair amount of comics and other stuff too.
And all the proceeds go to relief in Ukraine.
Old 04-17-2022, 02:05 PM   #600
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

The Lorax is $1.99 in the US today...

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ESF28K8
Kindle US/Smile: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00ESF28K8
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the-lorax-3

This is really more than just a kid's comic, IMO, so I'm posting it here, and cross-posting to the kids/YA thread...

Spoiler:
Quote:
Celebrate Earth Day with Dr. Seuss and the Lorax in this classic picture book about protecting the environment!

I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees.

Dr. Seuss’s beloved story teaches kids to speak up and stand up for those who can’t. With a recycling-friendly “Go Green” message, The Lorax allows young readers to experience the beauty of the Truffula Trees and the danger of taking our earth for granted, all in a story that is timely, playful and hopeful. The book’s final pages teach us that just one small seed, or one small child, can make a difference.

Printed on recycled paper, this book is the perfect gift for Earth Day and for any child—or child at heart—who is interested in recycling, advocacy and the environment, or just loves nature and playing outside.

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Today's big deal in the UK is six classic titles by Dr. Seuss (Theodor Seuss Geisel) for £0.99 each, including, of course, given the season, How the Grinch Stole Christmas!

Other titles include:
  • The Cat in the Hat
  • The Lorax
  • Oh the Places You'll Go
  • Green Eggs and Ham
  • Fox in Socks
link to the deal page: https://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=s9_ac...d_i=1000577623

Going to cross-post to children/young adult thread too...