Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-16-2020, 09:42 AM   #541
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Yet another Humble bundle

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/hot-off-presses-upshotawa-studio-books?linkID=&mcID=102:5f85eb204b194e33cd4ac355t :5e98f1df76488a0eff5e1b19:1&utm_source=Humble+Bund le+Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2020_1 0_14_hotoffpressesupshotawastudio_bookbundle&linkI D=&utm_content=cta_button

No idea if these are any good, but 9 for $1 is hard to pass up...
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 11:30 AM   #542
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Just six books for $1, with 3 behind the scenes fluff.

Overall, this bundle isn’t the volume discount we’re used to. About 30 books for the full price instead of the often hundreds.
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2020, 04:48 PM   #543
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
Just six books for $1, with 3 behind the scenes fluff.

Overall, this bundle isn’t the volume discount we’re used to. About 30 books for the full price instead of the often hundreds.
Good point but I think I'll still throw $1 at it just to check it out. I figured the amazing deals we were getting during the COVID lockdown couldn't last...
Old 10-16-2020, 06:07 PM   #544
socnsum1
reader
socnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Ipad Air
They are a new publisher so not many books out from them yet. Some stellar names attached including ex higher ups from Marvel. The Resistance is really good.
socnsum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 11:35 PM   #545
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Some IDW horror collections are on sale.

30 Days of Night Vol. 1 is only $0.99. This is a collection of the entire first miniseries.

Amazon ComiXology

Quote:
Collects all three issues of 30 DAYS OF NIGHT from Steven Niles and Ben Templesmith!

The story of an isolated Alaskan town that is plunged into darkness for a month each year when the sun sinks below the horizon. As the last rays of light fade, the town is attacked by a bloodthirsty gang of vampires bent on an uninterrupted orgy of destruction. Only the small town's husband-and-wife Sheriff team stand between the survivors and certain destruction.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2020, 11:38 PM   #546
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The October Faction Vol. 1 is $2.99

Amazon ComiXology

Quote:
The October Faction details the adventures of retired monster-hunter Frederick Allan and his family, which include a thrill-killer, a witch, and a warlock. Because sometimes crazy is the glue that binds a family together. Collects issues #1-6.
Old 10-22-2020, 11:41 PM   #547
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Mars Attacks Vol. 1: Attack From Space is $2.99

Amazon ComiXology

Quote:
Collects issues #1-5

The invasion begins! The first stories of an all-new MARS ATTACKS universe are here, bringing outrageous action and dark humor to the comics page. Eisner-winning writer John Layman (Chew) is joined by Eisner-winning artist John McCrea (Hitman) to sound the alarm. Beware! The Martians are coming!
Old 10-22-2020, 11:43 PM   #548
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

The Colonized Vol. 1 is $2.99

Amazon ComiXology

Quote:
A spaceship crashes into a separatist camp and manages to reanimate the dead! Now, cut off from any military aid, it's Aliens vs. Zombies vs. Militiamen in a carnage-filled tale from the writer/creator of Zombies vs Robots!
Old 10-30-2020, 12:17 PM   #550
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle

Anyone using a fire tablet to read comics? Which app is best? I have a newer HD10 and am also trying to figure out the best way to transfer downloaded content from PC to tablet's SD card...

(I saw the 2012 thread but thought this would be a better place to ask)

Thanks,
cc
Old 10-30-2020, 03:13 PM   #551
nprentiss
Connoisseur
nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
Anyone using a fire tablet to read comics? Which app is best? I have a newer HD10 and am also trying to figure out the best way to transfer downloaded content from PC to tablet's SD card...

(I saw the 2012 thread but thought this would be a better place to ask)

Thanks,
cc
I like Perfect Viewer the best on Kindle, and use it on my own Fire 10. It has a lot of customizable options. Most important for me, in landscape mode, it will move forward in 1/3 increments, rather than page turning default as with other apps, which works more naturally with reading comics. Also, there's a Perfect Viewer .pdf plug-in that works well also.
nprentiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 07:29 PM   #552
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nprentiss View Post
I like Perfect Viewer the best on Kindle, and use it on my own Fire 10. It has a lot of customizable options. Most important for me, in landscape mode, it will move forward in 1/3 increments, rather than page turning default as with other apps, which works more naturally with reading comics. Also, there's a Perfect Viewer .pdf plug-in that works well also.
Thanks - I'll take a look.

A little searching finally found how to set the USB connection for file transfer instead of charging - I don't remember ever having to do that on my old HDX7. And why aren't USB preferences in Settings where they belong???
Old 10-31-2020, 01:53 AM   #553
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Anyone using a fire tablet to read comics? Which app is best?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nprentiss View Post
I like Perfect Viewer the best on Kindle, and use it on my own Fire 10. It has a lot of customizable options... Also, there's a Perfect Viewer .pdf plug-in that works well also.
I use regular Android. But if Perfect Viewer is available in the Amazon app store, I highly recommend it. I've been using it since I first started reading comics on a tablet. I've tried many, many others and always go back to Perfect Viewer.

(Just checked the Amazon app store. Challenger Comics Viewer is also pretty good and it's free. CDisplayEX is okay.

But I'd say stick with Perfect Viewer.)

Quote:
I have a newer HD10 and am also trying to figure out the best way to transfer downloaded content from PC to tablet's SD card...
I create a Comics folder on the SD card, plug my tablet into my PC and drag and drop the files.
Old 10-31-2020, 02:03 AM   #554
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
A little searching finally found how to set the USB connection for file transfer instead of charging - I don't remember ever having to do that on my old HDX7. And why aren't USB preferences in Settings where they belong???
Whoops. I missed that you figured it out.
Old 10-31-2020, 02:47 PM   #555
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle

Which formats do you use with PV? It loofs like a separate plugin is needed for PDF?