Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-12-2020, 04:30 PM   #526
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I am SO not a comics reader (other than Asterix and TinTin, and a bit of Lucky Luke), but on the way to other things, I noticed that Black Panther: The Man Without Fear (2010-2012) #516 by David Liss is free right now at Kindle, and possibly comiXology (???), as listed in the blurb. (David Liss also writes some pretty good mystery novels, including one Edgar winner, so I have him on my eReaderIQ watch list, but he seems to do a lot more comics...)

Anyway, I have no idea if this is of any interest to anyone, but since it's free, I figured I'd post it. If this isn't of interest in this thread, my apologies...

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0109CCE48

Spoiler:
Quote:
Guest-starring Spider-Man! It's the most unlikely team-up of the month as the amazing web-slinger attempts to lend T'Challa some unwanted assistance in cleaning up the mean streets of Hell's Kitchen! Meanwhile, things go from bad to worse, as a gang war erupts, dangerous experiments go awry, and a murderer's identity is revealed!
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 04:51 PM   #527
GlennD
Wizard
GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS350, iPhone, iPad
pretty much everything Black Panther is free - the single issues, not any of the compilations. You can read the original Black Panther from the 70s up to some modern movie tie-ins.
GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2020, 05:11 PM   #528
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennD View Post
pretty much everything Black Panther is free - the single issues, not any of the compilations.
Thanks for that. I looked a few days ago, but didn't realize the collections weren't free, so thought I missed it.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 05:24 PM   #529
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
pretty much everything Black Panther is free - the single issues, not any of the compilations. You can read the original Black Panther from the 70s up to some modern movie tie-ins.
Too bad the most famous Black Panther story, by Don McGregor, isn't included. That would be Panther's Rage which ran in Jungle Action. But hey man, making anything free was pretty cool.
Old 09-13-2020, 05:51 PM   #530
GlennD
Wizard
GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Too bad the most famous Black Panther story, by Don McGregor, isn't included. That would be Panther's Rage which ran in Jungle Action. But hey man, making anything free was pretty cool.
That started in Fantastic Four #52, which is free. #53 is $1.99

The continuation of that in Jungle Action is $1.99

Thanks for the reference, I hadn't gotten these.
Advert
Old 09-13-2020, 06:01 PM   #531
GlennD
Wizard

Quote:
Thanks for that. I looked a few days ago, but didn't realize the collections weren't free, so thought I missed it.
There's some stuff that isn't obvious if you're just searching for Black Panther; here's what I found if anyone needs a checklist. This is names of series, you can go to amazon and find the series and generally buy the whole thing with one click:

Black Panther (1977)
Black Panther limited series (1988)
Black Panther 1998
Black Panther 2099
Black Panther 2005
Black Panther 2008
Captain America and the Black Panther
Black Panther: The Man Without Fear (these are Daredevil issues where BP subbed for DD)
Black Panther: World of Wakanda
Black Panther 2016
Black Panther Prelude 2017
Black Panther and the Crew (2017)
Soul of a Machine 2017
Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda - 2018
Long Live the King - 2018
Rise of the Black Panther -2018
The Sound and the Fury - 2018
Killmonger - 2018
Shuri 2018
Marvel Action Black Panther - 2019
Agents of Wakanda - 2019
Marvel Tales - Black Panther - 2019
Marvel Legacy Primer - Black Panther
Fantastic Four # 52, #53 is $1.99
Jungle Action # 6 and 7 are $1.99 (probably normal prices)

I hope this helps!
Old 09-13-2020, 08:57 PM   #532
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
That started in Fantastic Four #52, which is free. #53 is $1.99

The continuation of that in Jungle Action is $1.99

Thanks for the reference, I hadn't gotten these.
Be warned, Panther's Rage ran through Jungle Action 6-24, most of which aren't available digitally. The collected book is the only way to get the story digitally, so far as I know.
Old 10-01-2020, 07:22 PM   #534
elaysee
Groupie
elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook, Kobo, Kindle, iPad
I already have the nine main TW+TD titles and Die v.1, and I'm picking up the whole bundle anyway. Kieron Gillen is one of my more prominent exceptions to "not much of a comics reader," and one of the cases where I'll read the commentary.

The dollar tier is a no-brainer in my view, unless you already have the two collections in it.
elaysee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 08:31 PM   #535
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by elaysee View Post
I already have the nine main TW+TD titles and Die v.1, and I'm picking up the whole bundle anyway. Kieron Gillen is one of my more prominent exceptions to "not much of a comics reader," and one of the cases where I'll read the commentary.

The dollar tier is a no-brainer in my view, unless you already have the two collections in it.
Sounds like a good deal then - I'll go in for the $20.

Your duplicates could make a nice gift for someone...
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 01:07 PM   #536
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

There's a very good sale on Humanoids/Jodorowsky comics at ComiXology.

Comics that are usually $5.50 each or on sale for $.99 each. Incal, Metabarons and so forth. I think all his collaborations with Moebius are in there.

There was a Jodorowsky Humble Bundle recently, so make sure you don't get duplicates. But man, it's a good deal.

I'm picking up his westerns, Bouncer and Son of the Gun (were any of those in the bundle? I'd better check).

Last edited by ZodWallop; 10-08-2020 at 01:11 PM.
Old 10-08-2020, 01:20 PM   #537
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
There's a very good sale on Humanoids/Jodorowsky comics at ComiXology.
Helpful hint: Pick them up at Amazon and they will count towards the current 'spend $20, get $5 credit' offer and they will appear in the ComiXology library anyway.
Old 10-08-2020, 03:33 PM   #538
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I skipped the last manga bundle - any thoughts on this new one?

Thanks...

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/terrifying-tales-from-kodansha-books?linkID=&mcID=102:5f7cb5eb8000b01b3d5949f7t :5e98f1df76488a0eff5e1b19:1&utm_source=Humble+Bund le+Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2020_1 0_07_terrifyingtalesfromkodansha_bookbundle&linkID =&utm_content=cta_button
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 11:33 PM   #539
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
I skipped the last manga bundle - any thoughts on this new one?
Call me shallow, but I stopped reading manga when they stopped flipping the art. I just don't want to read right to left.
Old 10-10-2020, 02:02 PM   #540
socnsum1
reader
socnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Ipad Air
Marvel Buy One Get One Free sale.

Enter the code MARVELOCT at checkout to get buy one get one free on all Marvel comics.
Offer ends 10/12/20 (12th October) at 11 EST.
Offer not valid on bundles, or releases dated on or after 16/09/20 (16th September). I've also been informed that Marvel MAX titles are not included in this offer.

There are Marvel sales on Namor, Spider-man Clone Saga and Star Wars. You can also use the buy one get one free code on these titles to get an even bigger bargain!

https://www.comixology.com/Marvel-Bu...mdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw

Last edited by socnsum1; 10-10-2020 at 02:06 PM.
socnsum1 is offline   Reply With Quote