Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-11-2007, 03:40 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenflight View Post
"There doesn't appear to be sufficient reason to spend fifty dollars more"??? Did she even use the devices? Let's forget about the fact that Bookeen supports half a dozen formats with more on the way, and my Sony supports basically one (if you eliminate the useless PDF support). Let's look at how with the Bookeen device you can look up words from within the book your reading using your choice of dictionaries? That feature right there is worth every penny of 350.00 to me.
It's very much a personal decision as to whether it's worth spending the extra. It is for me because it supports MobiPocket, which I've decided to make my personal "standard", since it's supported on so many devices. I also like the fact that it has a user-accessible battery, and that you can very easily add your own fonts to the machine. Dictionary support is of little interest to me.

We all have our own views about the perceived "value" of different features.

It's great that we have a choice of two excellent machines such as these.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote