Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 04-21-2020, 01:05 AM   #16
ilyats
Connoisseur
ilyats doesn't litterilyats doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook Muses T78D
I was unable to reproduce your problem on my Muses. (I renamed the koreader directory and started the app, it started OK, opening the quickstart guide. I deleted the new koreader directory it created, uninstalled the app and installed stable v2020.03.2 from .apk file from GitHub, again it started ok. The same with the new stable v2020.04.1 and with the latest night build v2020.041-1
ilyats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 08:46 AM   #17
Incanus
Incanus
Incanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook T80D
ilyats:

Again: thank you! It's good to know that is a problem only for the current firmware on the likebook Mars and does not affect other likebook devices.

Kind regards,

[INCANUS]
Incanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 09:29 PM   #18
ilyats
Connoisseur

Aside from 'koreader' directory, Koreader also creates a directory for each document that has been opened with it, to keep document-specific data such as current location, bookmarks, user notes and document-specific settings. Have you tried deleting these directories as well? They are subdirectories of the directory containing the document in question, with the same name as the document and extension .sdr.
Old 04-25-2020, 11:37 AM   #19
Incanus
Incanus
Incanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook T80D
Ilyats:

I didn't know that bit about koreader. If I didn't create bookmarks or whatever, no reading statistics, I merely read eBooks.

Would koreader still create additional structures alongside the eBooks files?

Just curious, not concerned as of yet,

[INCANUS]

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk
Incanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 11:57 AM   #20
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyats View Post
Aside from 'koreader' directory, Koreader also creates a directory for each document that has been opened with it, to keep document-specific data such as current location, bookmarks, user notes and document-specific settings. Have you tried deleting these directories as well? They are subdirectories of the directory containing the document in question, with the same name as the document and extension .sdr.
That would remove all metadata, including progress per book, highlights, annotations, etc.

OTOH, Incanus found his magic way to solve the issue . I sent him instructions to get logs in case he find other issues. I'm aware that the issue he found is not a generic bug because quite a few people are now using Likebook devices w/ KO and nobody seems affected.

I'm not in the position to debug without logs, but I can bet it should be related to a bug fixed long time ago (and which explains why a reboot -or a force close- is needed between executions): https://github.com/koreader/android-...ncher/pull/109

Anyways any effort made to figure out the reason without *at least* logs is pointless
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 08:46 AM   #21
ilyats
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incanus View Post
Ilyats:

I didn't know that bit about koreader. If I didn't create bookmarks or whatever, no reading statistics, I merely read eBooks.

Would koreader still create additional structures alongside the eBooks files?
Yes, it creates a directory and a fiew files in it for ich eBook you open.

Tags
boyue likebook mars, koreader