Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-08-2019, 06:38 AM   #1
kgn
Groupie
kgn has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Pocketbook 302
Coolreader 3 for Aqua 2 (641)

I am now on my 3rd Pocketbook, an Aqua 2 (641). I also have a still working perfectly Touch Lux 2 (623). I only got the Aqua 2 as I wanted something waterproof to take out hiking/camping. On the Touch Lux 2 I had installed Coolreader 3 and it is just perfect.

I just got my Aqua 2 today and I am rather disappointed with the FBreader it comes with. After using CR3 all these years, I guess it is only to be expected!

I have looked around to see if I can install CR3 on my new Aqua 2, and it seems unlikely. All the links I have found for CR3 are years old and only see made for the older models in any case.

Any pointers here from anyone who has managed to get another reader onto this machine?
kgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 04:10 PM   #2
Zetmolm
Fanatic
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Did you try brucelee's CoolReader3 fork? About a year ago maintenance stopped but it is still very good. It works on the newest models of PocketBook.

As an alternative, you can also install KOReader. This is still actively being developed; there is a new stable version coming out every month. In the early days KOReader was rather unstable on PocketBook readers, but nowadays it works very well. And you have as many options to improve your reading experience as in CoolReader3.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2019, 01:44 AM   #3
kgn
Groupie
kgn has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Pocketbook 302
Thank you! That is exactly what I was hoping for. I have installed the KoReader and that is very good. Much better than the standard reader.

Again, thanks...
kgn is offline   Reply With Quote