Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-15-2019, 09:41 AM   #1
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
Bilingual w/Dictionaries

I made an amazing discovery, which everyone else probably knows, about using multiple dictionaries. For years, I've enjoyed reading novels from Britain and the U.S. so I have had two Oxford dictionaries and switch between them depending on the origin of the book. I do this mostly because of the slang terms being used.

I want to read some books in Spanish and my Spanish is terrible. I couldn't get the Spanish/English dictionary on the collection with the English dictionaries. It's all by itself.

Then I discovered that if I'm reading a book in Spanish and need to look up a word the Kindle automatically default to the Spanish dictionary. When I got back to reading a novel in English the Kindle automatically defaults to the two English dictionaries.

I was amazed and pleased.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:53 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Then I discovered that if I'm reading a book in Spanish and need to look up a word the Kindle automatically default to the Spanish dictionary. When I got back to reading a novel in English the Kindle automatically defaults to the two English dictionaries.
Er, yes . It uses the language code in the book's metadata to determine which dictionary to use.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2019, 05:39 PM   #3
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
I knew everyone knew this already and were just keeping it a secret.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote