Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 11-26-2018, 03:24 PM   #1
oldpal
oldpal began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Apple Family Sharing and Marvin 3

I have been using Marvin 3 (paid full version) on my iPad. Family sharing is set up for my wife to share my paid purchases. We used the sharing option to download Marvin 3 to her iPad. Everything seemed to work, but when she attempts to read a book the banner at the bottom of the screen is showing. Clicking on the banner shows a dialog box saying that she needs to upgrade to the paid version. What is going wrong? I thought that she could share my paid version. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

I have reported this to Appstafarian but have not received any response.
oldpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 04:40 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
In-app purchases aren't shared with family sharing.

Quote:
In-app purchases aren't shared with family members in Family Sharing. Learn what purchased content you can share using Family Sharing.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202023
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2018, 05:33 PM   #3
oldpal
oldpal began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Thanks, for the information.
oldpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 06:00 PM   #4
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
I'm 98.7% pretty sure it'll work if you click on "purchase". It will then check to see if your family sharing has already purchased it and it will say something along the lines of: "you have already purchased this, do you want to download?". I've put it on all my family's multiple devices. My only hesitancy is that I may be thinking of Marvin 2...but I don't think so...

If I'm wrong it will have only cost $5...well worth supporting the creator of such awesome software!
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 06:24 PM   #5
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
I'm 98.7% pretty sure it'll work if you click on "purchase". It will then check to see if your family sharing has already purchased it and it will say something along the lines of: "you have already purchased this, do you want to download?". I've put it on all my family's multiple devices. My only hesitancy is that I may be thinking of Marvin 2...but I don't think so...

If I'm wrong it will have only cost $5...well worth supporting the creator of such awesome software!
That's Marvin 2 since that was a paid app, not an in-app purchase to unlock full features.

Marvin sxs is a paid app which can be shared via Family Sharing. I have both Marvin 3 and sxs. I use Marvin sxs when I borrow family members' iPads (usually when I need to test something and I don't wish to mess my existing libraries).

Last edited by ilovejedd; 11-26-2018 at 06:27 PM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert