Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 01-22-2018, 08:50 AM   #286
Philippe D.
Addict
Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o; reMarkable; Onyx Max 2 Pro
Yes, some light reverse engineering is needed to understand how the files in the Linux filesystem are translated into documents that can be viewed on the Remarkable; then I suppose some scripting should be able to do the job of importing files via a command line interface.

On a side note: my device finally updated. I need to do some testing to check whether it delivers as promised (one issue I noticed is that it still doesn't seem to remember the last settings for the different writing tools: pen/pencil; i.e. if I use the pencil, move to eraser, then move to pen, then to pencil, my pencil settings are forgotten - seems silly, if they made the changes to remember some settings...)
Philippe D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:14 AM   #287
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballfresno View Post
The mount is not read only but there is some processing of documents done by the tablet, renaming the original file (PDF or EPUB) using a uuid encoding, and creating a set of associated files (metadata, ...).

Thinking out loud: it might be possible to see what the built-in web browser does with a document that is sent to the upload site...
Another thing to try is just copying it anyway and see if it either processes it on the fly or checks the filesystem on a reboot for unprocessed files. If both fails you can always try the browser afterwards. If a reboot would take care of it, then it would be a lot more convenient if you want to transfer many files over at once.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2018, 02:39 PM   #288
ballfresno
Addict
ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (Sage, Aura One, Aura HD, & Touch); reMarkable tablet.
A data point regarding updates: my tablet upgraded this afternoon. I've only had it four days so I probably will not notice any changes, mind you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
ballfresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 04:19 PM   #289
ballfresno
Addict
ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Another thing to try is just copying it anyway and see if it either processes it on the fly or checks the filesystem on a reboot for unprocessed files. If both fails you can always try the browser afterwards. If a reboot would take care of it, then it would be a lot more convenient if you want to transfer many files over at once.
Just tried this (with an epub) and nothing happened. Pity.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 01-24-2018, 12:04 AM   #290
meirR
meirR began at the beginning.

Device: Remarkable tablet
Hi guys

I ordered my remarkable 2 days ago and it still hasn’t been shipped, I was wondering how long you guys found it generally took remarkable to process your order and ship the tablet?
Thanks
meirR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2018, 12:14 PM   #291
ballfresno
Addict

I ordered on a Sunday and I think it was Wednesday before I received confirmation of it being shipped out. That notification told me I would get it the following Monday but it actually arrived on the Friday.
Old 01-26-2018, 07:22 AM   #292
ballfresno
Addict

Quote:
There's a script for uploading via SSH on github which may do the job. I've not tested it yet.
Old 01-30-2018, 12:37 PM   #293
Lupin
Enthusiast
Lupin began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Muse HD, ReMarkable
Seems that the browser interface in reMarkable is entirely in javascript. Everyone has access to it. Haven't had time to analyze but did not look like impossible to do.
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 04:16 AM   #294
Philippe D.
Addict
Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o; reMarkable; Onyx Max 2 Pro
Has anybody noticed fast wear on the stylus tips? On mine, it looks like the end of the tip tends to flatten, which creates a slight edge; and from then on, writing with the stylus slightly tipped becomes imprecise.

I tend to write small, and my pen strokes being slightly distorted results in unpleasant-looking notes. I've changed tips, and the same thing happens rather quickly; I'm becoming worried that I'll have to look for replacements (and they will likely be expensive).
Philippe D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 05:53 AM   #295
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe D. View Post
Has anybody noticed fast wear on the stylus tips? On mine, it looks like the end of the tip tends to flatten, which creates a slight edge; and from then on, writing with the stylus slightly tipped becomes imprecise.

I tend to write small, and my pen strokes being slightly distorted results in unpleasant-looking notes. I've changed tips, and the same thing happens rather quickly; I'm becoming worried that I'll have to look for replacements (and they will likely be expensive).
It is supposed to be a wear item. And remarkable suggests changing the tips often.

From https://support.remarkable.com/hc/en...le-accessories
Quote:
Durability

The durability of the marker tips will vary with writing technique and amount of usage. Our best estimate for an average user is anywhere between three to seven weeks, hence, the 10 pen tips are likely to last between six months and upwards to 15 months depending on usage.

You can purchase additional marker tips in the reMarkable Store.
The price for a 8 pc set is $12 in the US from remarkable store. Which is not too excessive when comparing to other replacement tips (there is cheaper ones and much more expensive ones). (ETA: or €12 from the EU store)

Maybe what they should do is make tips that are more durable at the expense of a little less stellar experience writing.

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 02-02-2018 at 05:59 AM.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 06:50 AM   #296
glasnost
Connoisseur
glasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PW3, Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballfresno View Post
There's a script for uploading via SSH on github which may do the job. I've not tested it yet.
The script works marvelously both before and after update 1.

I've had middling experiences with all other methods of transferring files to my tablet.
glasnost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 07:53 AM   #297
umeshg
Connoisseur
umeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Sony DPTS-1
I am selling mine. I am based in North London UK if anyone is interested
Thanks
umeshg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 10:18 AM   #298
Lupin
Enthusiast
Lupin began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Muse HD, ReMarkable
Quote:
It is supposed to be a wear item. And remarkable suggests changing the tips often.
Maybe what they should do is make tips that are more durable at the expense of a little less stellar experience writing.
I prefer the stellar writing experience. I don't doodle much, just write and I'm still using my first tip. I do not write a book, mostly meeting minutes and short notes to myself. So i guess my usage is on the low side. My first tip is worn and I have been considering changing it. It does not much affect writing, but the drawing is harder if you want to tip the pen on side and use the tip's side for shading or something.

If set of tips lasts a half a year and they cost below 20 € delivered, I can live with it.
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 08:32 AM   #299
ballfresno
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasnost View Post
The script works marvelously both before and after update 1.
Thanks for this.

I cannot try it out because, for some reason, my desktop system doesn't want to mount the tablet using sshfs right now... vagaries of networking.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:27 AM   #300
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moderator Notice

Dear All,

This thread started life in the "General Discussions" forum, which was fine for talking about an announcement, but not for a released product, hence the moderating team has taken the decision to move it to this forum, which is for any device that doesn't have a forum of its own.

Please take the opportunity of this move to start spreading the discussion out by creating multiple threads, rather than having everything mixed up together in one giant thread!

Thanks,
The Management.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote