Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-01-2016, 05:55 AM   #1
iaroslav
iaroslav doesn't litteriaroslav doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thumbs up eBooker: convert & send eBooks

Hello All,

Some time ago I have bought my first reader - Kindle Paperwhite.

After some time I have found out that I miss some functionality that I would like to have:

- Convert some of my existing documents from my device
- Convert *.html pages from my browser to eBooks & send to my reader
- Save converted files on my device (just in case for the future)

So that is what I have done so far to satisfy my needs:

Play Market: eBooker

Supported formats are: fb2, fb2.zip, epub, docx, txt, html, + Kindle native formats for send convenience.

Available in:
- USA
- Ukraine
- Russia
- Poland

User guide:
1. On first launch, or from settings menu, set Your Kindle e-mail address

2. Select file that should be converted:

- If file is on device:
Press “BROWSE” button, navigate to desired folder and select appropriate file
Note: Special app, File Manager or File Explorer, is required on Your device to browse files and folders.

- If it is html page in browser:
In browser select “Share” button and select eBooker from the list of programs

- If file is on the web:
Copy link to the file (long press on link, then select “copy link location”) and paste link into eBooker (long press on field with “http://” hint)

3. Press “CONVERT” button

4. When conversion is finished press “SEND” button and select desired application to send e-mail with eBook to Your Kindle reader

5. Successfully converted eBook will be saved on device in "eBooks" folder.

Hope You will also find this program useful in some cases.

Have a nice reading time

Last edited by iaroslav; 05-16-2016 at 01:13 PM.
iaroslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 12:58 PM   #2
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Ahh - I see your link points to the GooglePlay store. So: Android users only. I'll wait for the iOS version
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2016, 01:49 PM   #3
el_topo50
Connoisseur
el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage (5.7.2.1. JB)
Will try it out and report. Thanks!!!
el_topo50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 02:43 AM   #4
iaroslav

Hello All,

I'm really sorry that forget to mention it in my original post, but currently app is in beta and server is tested for load, so application is not available worldwide, only in USE for now.

Will make it available as soon as possible.

Sorry again.
Old 03-03-2016, 03:29 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Perhaps it would be a good idea to tell people that this is an Android app? There's absolutely no mention of that rather important fact in your description.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2016, 03:48 AM   #6
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Can I ask what it does that Send To Kindle, Push To Kindle and similar apps don't?
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 09:37 AM   #7
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Can I ask what it does that Send To Kindle, Push To Kindle and similar apps don't?
according to the OP, it looks like it supports more formats than Send to Kindle does. I don't know about the other apps you mentioned. It also looks like it runs on a mobile device, which Send to Kindle doesn't (as far as I can tell, at least)

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 09:54 AM   #8
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
@shalym: On Android devices with installed Kindle for Android app you can send mobi files to the Cloud archive from any File Manager app, via Send/Share option. You get "Send to Kindle" entry added to share pop-out window which opens a windows quite similar to PC's Send to Kindle app:

shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 11:27 AM   #9
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
@shalym: On Android devices with installed Kindle for Android app you can send mobi files to the Cloud archive from any File Manager app, via Send/Share option. You get "Send to Kindle" entry added to share pop-out window which opens a windows quite similar to PC's Send to Kindle app:

Interesting--thank you for letting me know that--I had no idea. It looks like it works just like the send to Kindle app for the PC.

So is there any other app out there that will allow you to send epub or other formats that aren't supported by the Send to Kindle app from your Android device?

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 02:05 PM   #10
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just as I thought... OP's app doesn't really do the conversion part on Android device/using it's hardware, it *just* uploads a file to some remote server with Calibre (v2.49.0 ) installed that converts the book and then downloads it back to Android device and uses existing e-mail app to send the book. At least it's not using totally obsolete version of Calibre like 90% of "online converter" websites and it's convenient & n00b friendly.

@iaroslav: Since you're already using Calibre it would be nice if future versions of eBooker could add option in app settings to output "dual mobi" file (=mobi output> file type "both" in Calibre conversion settings) instead of "old mobi" ... so it can be accepted by Amazon's personal documents service (which doesn't accept books with "mobi new"/"KF8/azw3" only formatting) but delivers .azw3/KF8 formatted book to supported devices like Paperwhite.
Old 03-04-2016, 03:05 AM   #11
iaroslav

Hello,

Thank You All for such a great discussion.

I have added a description for Android OS. Thanks for the tip

Unfortunately I am very new to Kindle reader, so I wasn't aware of such things as "dual mobi" file (shame on me)

@shamanNS: Thanks for the tip again, I will take a look at what can be done about this and how can I improve experience of using the app.

Thanks all!
Old 03-09-2016, 05:08 PM   #12
Rains
Rains began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
@iaroslav: Since you're already using Calibre it would be nice if future versions of eBooker could add option in app settings to output "dual mobi" file (=mobi output> file type "both" in Calibre conversion settings) instead of "old mobi" ... so it can be accepted by Amazon's personal documents service (which doesn't accept books with "mobi new"/"KF8/azw3" only formatting) but delivers .azw3/KF8 formatted book to supported devices like Paperwhite.
In that case, please don't just replace "old" with dual (instead allowing the user to choose the option, if possible?), since a dual MOBI sent to the Kindle won't display the cover. Although I know some people don't care about that.

Anyway, I'm very interested in this! I wish I could test it but I'm not from the USA.
Rains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 05:42 PM   #13
shamanNS
Guru

@Rains: Neither am I To download the app use your PC & any free VPN service, connect to US server then go to Play Store link ( on your PC) and initiate remote install to your Android device there, from the browser.

Last edited by shamanNS; 03-09-2016 at 05:45 PM.
Old 03-11-2016, 01:42 AM   #14
iaroslav

Hello All,

And in which countries would You like this app to be accessible? Please write here)
Old 03-18-2016, 07:56 AM   #15
iaroslav

Hello again,

So, for now, eBooker will be available in:
- USA
- Poland
- Russia
- Ukraine

In any case please write here.