Notices

Old 04-25-2019, 04:17 AM   #1
cloet
cloet began at the beginning.

Device: pb632
PB 634

Hello,

I am new here !
I have just bought a PB634 (sale as TEA touch hd plus in France).
Before I had a 623 with the FB reader included.
In my new PB there is no alternative reader, I would like to know if there is any way of installing a new one. I have seen the thread about coolreader, but there is no file corresponding to the 634.
Is anybody know anything about alternative reader on this PB with a very easy way to install (i am not very confortable with computer and technical stuff).
Thanks a lot for helping me!

Cheers
cloet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:55 AM   #2
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Asus P01M tablet, Kobo Clara HD
The only alternative reading apps I know for a Pocketbook are:
The Coolreader fork (which you mention)
Koreader - but I never found this to be stable on my Touch HD.
The Vlavosoft version of Coolreader - which is not as good as the Coolreader fork mentioned above and not as easy to integrate.

Installing the Coolreader fork is quite easy and leaves all the Pocketbook stuff intact, but I don’t know if the Tea brand has changed the underlying Pocketbook software. Only you can decide if you are comfortable with installing it.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 04:51 AM   #3
cloet
cloet began at the beginning.

Device: pb632
Thanks for your answer.
I'd like to have a try with the coolreader fork, but I don't know which version I have to download. I found nothing by the search options in the thread with the PB634 and honestly I have not read the 50 pages of the thread I will try to leave a comment there.
Thanks again for the details of the various readers
cloet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 03:53 PM   #4
wildeny
wildeny began at the beginning.

Device: vivlio Touch HD Plus (PB632)
Hello, I just bought a vivlio Touch HD Plus (aka PocketBook Touch HD 3) -- BTW, it's PB632

Have you get the alternative reading app installed?

I use PocketBook ereader app on my Android Phone. The Android app is quite easy to use and has lots of features, better than the default reading app in eReader.

Vivlio's original firmware does not come with other apps shown in international version. Will try to install the international firmware first. [Edit: Apparently not able to do so... too bad]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scr0002.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	171917  

Last edited by wildeny; 06-14-2019 at 05:06 PM.
wildeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 05:47 AM   #5
nhedgehog
Addict
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
@wildeny:
Your Pocketbook is running on Linux. You can't install the Android app. Coolreader and Koreader are available for this device (created for Pocketbook). How to install those is thouroughly described elsewhere.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote