Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 11-03-2018, 09:06 AM   #1
Yangshuo
Yangshuo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle voyage
Koreader on Kobo forma. help

I have kobo forma 32gb, I used KFm and KSM 9 run Koreader but my kobo didn't start up. Please help me!
Yangshuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 10:02 AM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
What's "KFm"? About KSM9, the forma is not yet supported. [If someone were to give one to Tshering, I am sure he would be motivated to and more equipped to keep that device able to function to the level he has supported his other Kobos.]

I have some reservations about the current hardware used by the Forma/Shape. I would love to have a large plastic substrata ereader, though so I am rooting for it's success.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 10:04 AM   #3
Yangshuo

Hi, KFM is Kute File Monitoring
Old 11-03-2018, 10:11 AM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yangshuo View Post
Hi, KFM is Kute File Monitoring
That should work from within Nickel. What do you get when you "tap the KOReader icon in your Home or your Library to launch KOReader"?

Luck;
Ken
Old 11-03-2018, 10:18 AM   #5
Yangshuo

Yes, it runs on nickel. But koreader didn't start
Old 11-03-2018, 10:42 AM   #6
Ken Maltby
Wizard

OK, but what do you get when you tap on the KOReader Icon? Do you see a full screen version of the Icon?
Old 11-03-2018, 10:57 AM   #7
Yangshuo

When I tap icon, my kobo restart nickel, no display full screen icon
Old 11-03-2018, 11:17 AM   #8
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
Quote:
I have some reservations about the current hardware used by the Forma/Shape. I would love to have a large plastic substrata ereader, though so I am rooting for it's success.
Hi Ken, could you develop ?
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 11:40 AM   #9
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
That sounds like the KFMon didn't install. (If you had KSM installed first, it would intercept the update/install of KFMon and you would need to use the full update not the one that protects KSM) You probably need to reinstall KFMon.

Luck;
Ken
Old 11-03-2018, 11:41 AM   #10
Yangshuo

Please help KOreader support for Kobo Forma. I need KOreader
Old 11-03-2018, 11:49 AM   #11
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
A good start would have been to check open Issues on GitHub... .

Rotation is going to be fun, and it'll probably take someone with shell access to a Forma and some Lua skills to move things along, because our current rotation code is possibly not terribly ready to handle that well to begin with (going by the few reports about orientation issues on other devices like that) .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 12:07 PM   #12
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post

Luck;
Ken
What reservations do you have?
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 12:09 PM   #13
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
[If someone were to give one to Tshering, I am sure he would be motivated to and more equipped to keep that device able to function to the level he has supported his other Kobos.]
No need of a Forma for that purpose. whoops already provided the necessary information to make it work.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 12:11 PM   #14
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramoisi View Post
Hi Ken, could you develop ?
I would be coming from an AruaHD and would loose some hardware features I like a lot. Both the internal and external uSD chips are not just storage issues but provide a real recovery capability. Losing those is a worry. The PWM flicker and shadow band issues might or might not be a significant problem.

Luck;
Ken
Old 11-03-2018, 12:16 PM   #15
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
This is important: Please disable KSM by renaming the folder .adds/kbmenu_user to .adds/xkbmenu_user. Or else you will get in trouble when your reader downloads the next firmware update file.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote