Notices

Old 05-01-2018, 09:58 AM   #16
supertoth
JJMora
supertoth began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Icarus Illumina XL HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Thanks, currently I have no errors I'm looking to have corrected by an update. I just wanted to check things out, if I could, for others.
I don't have the correct password, but I have translated the changelog and, beside some small changes in how the reader deals with Chinese input, there is nothing to care about.
supertoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:23 PM   #17
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertoth View Post
I don't have the correct password, but I have translated the changelog and, beside some small changes in how the reader deals with Chinese input, there is nothing to care about.
Appreciate the clarification.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2018, 09:56 PM   #18
fernsruben
Connoisseur
fernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Device: Boyue Likebook Plus, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura, Galaxy Tab 3
Quote:
@fernsruben, I believe I heard a rumor from you that a new firmware version might be dropping around the 1st of April, have you heard any news on this front?
Hey, apologies for the hiatus. New firmware coming up soon. Will be putting up the link when I get access to stable internet. This one is with the new revamped UI.

Sent from my AO5510 using Tapatalk
fernsruben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 12:19 PM   #19
fernsruben
Connoisseur
fernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Update: Likebook Plus T80s (V2.0.0-2018052616)

Update: (V2.0.0-2018052616)

Announcement: Do not perform a direct system update from v.1.0.2. to v.2.0.0. This will corrupt conflicting apps and system files. Kindly perform the first update using img. files provided below and flash them with the RK Batch Tool.

Changelog:

Desktop changes:
1. Status Bar:
The bottom status bar is now at the top, and the drop-down menu is more convenient to operate, providing rearranged shortcut operations. The drop-down menu also has a tab switcher. Third-party applications downloaded through the browser will be displayed in the "Notifications" column.
2. Desktop:
Three interfaces can be set according to their own preferences as the default main interface. The homepage/ frequently used apps can be customized and displayed accordingly. It can also be displayed according to the latest usage time.

Bookshelf changes:
1. Bookshelf books display provides four modes of switching and more settings for fine tuning. You can select the book you are reading, the book you have read, and the book you haven’t read so you can see the reading status of the book

Applications:
1. You can install your own favorite application.

Settings:
1. Reading settings:
Around four new page turning modes have been added, you can set pages according to your own habits.
2. User preset:
The function is more perfect than before, for example, you can freely set the home screen to return to the home screen, and you can freely set the home screen to display the application menu.

Reader:
1. General:
Reading menu is more intuitive, more concise, with a customizable interface layout. You can select and set text fonts to bold/ black, according to user preference.
2. PDF Reader:
Add black and no black adjustment for contrast settings.

Download Links:

1. Zip Update Files:

>>Download Link 1 ('Baidu' Server)
Password: p3sp

>>Download Link 2 ('Mega' Server)

2. RK Batch Tool Flash Files (.img file + drivers + flash tools):

>>Download Link ('Baidu' Server)
Password: Ih01

Note 1: For those complaining about no Android updates above 4.4 being provided, read here. The SOC manufacturer hasn't developed source codes for anything above 4.4

Note 2: Issues with downloading files from Baidu servers? No worries, here's a solution.

Note 3: Flashing instructions for RK Batch Tool are provided here.

Note 4: Play store has been hidden on the new "Boyue OS" launcher. However, this has been locked only to the store version provided in the ROM. Workaround for this is to download any third party launcher > navigate to "Play Store" (which should now be visible in the third party launcher) > go to settings > force update the store by clicking on version number multiple times till you get a toast message stating the update status.
Or, you could skip the above and just download the latest Play Store apk from here and force update the same.

Last edited by fernsruben; 06-19-2018 at 05:44 AM.
Old 06-16-2018, 02:53 PM   #20
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Thanks a lot!!!

I guess the device itself will download the file and update
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2018, 06:51 PM   #21
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernsruben View Post

Download:

Any idea when you might be able to provide a download link?
Old 06-16-2018, 10:21 PM   #22
fernsruben
Connoisseur

Quote:
Any idea when you might be able to provide a download link?
Gimme a day. Server error with the upload. Original download source is from a Chinese server. Reuploading it to an international server to make it easier to download for everyone else globally

Old 06-16-2018, 10:21 PM   #23
fernsruben
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
Thanks a lot!!!

No no, won't. You'll have to update it manually. Give me a day for the link.

Old 06-17-2018, 09:51 AM   #24
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Gimme a day. Server error with the upload. Original download source is from a Chinese server. Reuploading it to an international server to make it easier to download for everyone else globally

You can give us the chinese server adress and we'll manage to get the file.
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 01:25 PM   #25
p38lightning
Zealot
p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Lenovo Tab M9
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
Thanks a lot!!!

Apparently, no. I am successfully using V.1.0.2-201810215 (previously made available in this thread) on my Icarus Illumina. After reading the above, I turned on the WiFi and just get a "no update found" message. Since I updated it my W10 desktop recognizes it as a Boyue/Icarus.

Update: Good luck with that Chinese web site as I could not get Google to translate it. Found an English reference to the file but could not tell which button to use for the actual download. One that I tried, started to load a ".exe" file that I quickly cancelled and then gave up. I am sure the right button is there if you can figure it out!

Last edited by p38lightning; 06-17-2018 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Update
p38lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 06:03 PM   #26
DoktrJones
DoktrJones is on a distinguished road

Device: Bebook mini, likebook plus
I managed to download the new firmware but the system update keeps failing. I removed root and did a firmware reset to no avail. Any idea what could be the problem?

Here's a mirror for those who can't download from the original link and want to give it a try as well: https://mega.nz/#!zvARTDAa!3rkPKzcsk...f_Vov-Ujkw1G9o

Last edited by DoktrJones; 06-17-2018 at 06:39 PM.
DoktrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 07:11 PM   #27
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoktrJones View Post
I managed to download the new firmware but the system update keeps failing. I removed root and did a firmware reset to no avail. Any idea what could be the problem?

Here's a mirror for those who can't download from the original link and want to give it a try as well: https://mega.nz/#!zvARTDAa!3rkPKzcsk...f_Vov-Ujkw1G9o
Did you follow the steps outlined in post 1 of this thread?

Quote:
��Instructions to install update:
1. Download the zip file from the link.
2. Rename it as 'update.zip' and paste it in the parent directory of your device.
3. Then go to 'Settings' > 'System Updates' > 'From local memory'.
4. Wait for the device to reboot.
5. Voila!
Old 06-17-2018, 07:21 PM   #28
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:

Download Link
Password: p3sp
Thanks for providing the link, but as @p38lightning states it still isn't intuitive. Maybe you could add @DoktrJones Mega link in the post as an alternative link or upload it to the same Mega space you uploaded the previous 2 releases.

Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoktrJones View Post
Old 06-17-2018, 09:09 PM   #29
fernsruben
Connoisseur

Quote:
Thanks for providing the link, but as @p38lightning states it still isn't intuitive. Maybe you could add @DoktrJones Mega link in the post as an alternative link or upload it to the same Mega space you uploaded the previous 2 releases.

Thanks again.
Will do. Viceant wanted the Chinese server link, hence posted it for quicker access (if any better).

Old 06-17-2018, 09:39 PM   #30
fernsruben
Connoisseur

Exclamation

Does anyone know how to rename the thread subject? Thanks!