Notices

Old 04-07-2020, 04:45 AM   #1
PowerOffliner
PowerOffliner began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage+Signature
Question Virtual connected to ebook reader

Hej,
I hope you can help me, please?
Each time I start Calibre on my notebook (Windows 10 and latest version of Calibre) it shows a not connected ebook reader (a book cannot be tranferredat that moment).
After listing the virtual books which shows some of the entries on the virtual ebook reader copied, it can be disconnected without any error message, the column disappears. And the icons change to normal status.
A later connected ebook reader lets the column appear again and can be used as usual.
Who knows how to correct the start of my calibre?

Thanks in advance.
PowerOffliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 09:41 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You have enabled Connect to folder (commonly used when a connected device can not be detected by Calibre)
In addition to the column, you should see a device icon on the tool bar: right click: Eject

If that does not cure, you may have a plugin (? the name. Reading list or smart eject?) set . fix that configuration
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 01:00 AM   #3
PowerOffliner

Device: Kindle Voyage+Signature
Lightbulb

Thank you for this tipp.
Could you please explain,where the item to switch off / on of this fuction can be found? I am sorry, i have no idea.
PowerOffliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 10:48 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerOffliner View Post
Thank you for this tipp.
Could you please explain,where the item to switch off / on of this fuction can be found? I am sorry, i have no idea.
I did in post #2 (disconnect) (I don't use the optional plugins, so I don't have any those. If you did not install, then neither do you)

Connect TO folder is on the Share Icon (globe with node lines). It has specific uses. Most folk do not need it.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 12:50 PM   #5
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerOffliner View Post
Thank you for this tipp.
See screenshot.

bernie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-04-08 12-48-49.png
Views:	128
Size:	952.1 KB
ID:	178180  
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 07:02 AM   #6
PowerOffliner