Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-07-2007, 07:44 PM   #1
mrbadog
mrbadog began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
Smile Connect + MacOS/Parallels

Put Parallels + XP on my Mac Pro today. Installed Connect software. Worked fine first time. Synced with reader OK. Downloaded new books OK. Looks like I can junk the old Windows laptop!

Chip
mrbadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:10 PM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbadog
Put Parallels + XP on my Mac Pro today. Installed Connect software. Worked fine first time. Synced with reader OK. Downloaded new books OK. Looks like I can junk the old Windows laptop!
Oh, the happy world of virtualization
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2007, 03:44 AM   #3
jsuplido
@jsuplido
jsuplido began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone, PRS-300
Works great here too Chip! Actually I keep Parallels installed primarily because of the Connect software.
jsuplido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:33 AM   #4
ultim8fury
Addict
ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS500, Looking at 700
Connect and BookDesigner are the only reason I have parallels on my MBP
ultim8fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:18 AM   #5
mrbadog

It's good that we have this work around. Strikes me as interesting that Sony failed to recognize that the early adopters of the Reader would be tech minded folks with a disproportionate number of Macs and browsers-other-than-IE.

As an example, my daughter blogs on fashion and economics. I was surprised to find when I reviewed the stats of her blog visitors that 24% were using Mac OS and a full 50% were using browsers-other-than-IE, mostly Firefox and Safari.

And so Connect software won't run under Mac OS, and the Connect store does not display correctly with either Firefox or Safari. Nevermind navigating the store by keyboard. Sheesh!
Advert
Old 04-08-2007, 02:10 PM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
the Connect store does not display correctly with either Firefox or Safari.
ConnStore works fine for me in FireFox.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 02:39 PM   #7
mrbadog

You don't have lists overlapping pictures and extending past their borders?
Old 04-08-2007, 04:21 PM   #8
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Not that I've noticed.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 04:55 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The Connect website works fine here with the lastest non-beta Firefox.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 05:40 PM   #10
mrbadog

2.0.0.3? No text overlap?
Old 04-08-2007, 05:46 PM   #11
mrbadog

My bad. I reset minimum font size to "no minimum" and it solved the problem.

Oooops
Old 04-09-2007, 01:33 AM   #12
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
Quote:
It's good that we have this work around. Strikes me as interesting that Sony failed to recognize that the early adopters of the Reader would be tech minded folks with a disproportionate number of Macs and browsers-other-than-IE.
Exactly a point I've made in other threads!!

I mean, the stupidest part is, every software element involved with the reader is a blatant copy of the Mac. The Conenct store is web based, the Connect Reader program uses the same interface as iTunes, and the Reader itself uses the exact same menu/navigation method as the iPod... I mean, spot on!

All that, but the damn thing isn't Mac compatible?!?!

Sheesh is exactly right!

-Pie
EatingPie is offline   Reply With Quote