Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-02-2021, 11:38 AM   #16
arooni
Addict
arooni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
For anyone who has the official boox remote does it work with third party apps as page up/down like

Brave
Einkbro
Koreader
Inoreader
Scribd
Nytimes
Blinkist

Many thanks !!
arooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 04:24 PM   #17
Renate
Addict
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, Kobo Aura2, Poke3
Quote:
Originally Posted by arooni View Post
For anyone who has the official boox remote does it work with third party apps...
We've not had a report from anyone yet. Earlier in this thread I presumed what keycodes the lower section of the Boox Remoter generates based on what keycodes the Onyx itself supports. I don't know exactly what keycodes the 5 way control on the top does. Could someone check using my UsbMode.apk (in the sig)?

If rooted, you can remap scancodes-keycodes per peripheral under /system/usr/keylayout using the VID/PID (also for Bluetooth devices). You can modify your app too. Also Button Mapper.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 05:50 PM   #18
arooni
Addict
arooni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
Speaking of button mapper I can't get it for the life of me to remap the volume control buttons on my nova air to be page up and page down. Was anyone successful at this ?

Also experimented with tasker without luck
arooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 05:55 PM   #19
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
For KOReader you can remap all buttons except for home button (maybe back too, I don't remember). You just need the keycodes posted by Renate in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...13&postcount=6 and a custom keymap following the instructions in https://github.com/koreader/koreader...customize-keys

The numbers of the left are keycodes. The strings on the right are "known" actions. You can see defaults in https://github.com/koreader/koreader.../event_map.lua.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 05:12 PM   #20
Renate
Addict
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's my latest project, although I'm still fighting with software fine-tuning. This pedal is mostly for guitar playing in the park, something small I can throw in my pack.

The original is an MAudio wired foot pedal. It sells for about $10. I kind of like the metal and the size but you have to make a few mods to use this for Bluetooth.
  • I replaced the simple wire contact switch with a microswitch
  • Removed the output cable
  • Ground down a post and glued in a dual AAA battery holder
  • Installed the Bluetooth circuit board
  • Ground the nub of the power (formerly polarity) switch down to half its height so that the power wouldn't accidentally get turned on.
  • Installed an LED in the back to indicate pairing
  • Cut an opening in the top of the pedal for the BluRays to escape
  • Replaced the original top tread with a thicker rubber one (because of the new hole)
Except for that, it's the same as stock.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	maudio1.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	192.0 KB
ID:	189537   Click image for larger version

Name:	maudio2.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	189538  
Old 10-09-2021, 08:35 PM   #21
Nursken
Nursken began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note3

Thought I would give this a try. Found it here.
Nursken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 05:39 AM   #22
Renate
Addict

That looks like it was designed by Klingons. $40 is a bit pricey.

Please give us a report of the keycodes it generates when it comes in.
Old 10-19-2021, 10:07 PM   #23
Renate
Addict

So, the next chapter of the saga...

I want to make my own clicker. I ordered some cases, they are the Serpac CA-4-4B (4 button). I was quite pleased when they showed up. They have 4 buttons in a weird Klingon-ish pattern but widely spaced. I think this will be a big improvement on those 5-way switches that are so tiny and it's easy to hit up and right at the same time. This is just the case, I'm working on the PCB.

The software is all working out well. I also retrofited an iRig BlueBoard and I'm quite pleased with it. I don't need to use a translator app to make it work with things and the button backlight is easier to turn on with a press on the outer two buttons (instead of having to go to some app and hit a slider).

Edit: So I did the board design, hit Enter and now the design is at the fab. I hope it gets here soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bt_case.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	209.9 KB
ID:	189715   Click image for larger version

Name:	yellowboard.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	195.9 KB
ID:	189716   Click image for larger version

Name:	yellowboard2.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	338.8 KB
ID:	189717  

Last edited by Renate; Yesterday at 03:39 PM.

Tags
clicker