Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 09-19-2022, 02:03 AM   #1
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
London, Jack: Collected Klondike Tales. v1. 19 Sep 2022

This ebook is based on a compilation created by MobileRead member Roy White in 2007. I have added several pieces, and tweaked spelling and punctuation.

Here is what Roy had to say:

If you’ve never read these I HIGHLY! recommend. Very fun stories full of the silence of ice and hunger of the Wolf set against the iron will of Men determined to dream and suffer their way to find that Eldorado Gold strike making them rich beyond their dreams. These stories are full of irony and rich in humor.

Jack London spent a few years mining for Gold in the Klondike, and when he finally called it quits returned home with four bucks 50 cents in his pocket… And the true treasure of this Genre he created himself.

(White Fang and Call of the Wild are not part of this collection, nor any of his other Klondike Novels.)

I love these. The descriptions make me feel as if I’m in the Klondike, my pulse pounding and back breaking, sure that my next shovelful of ice and mud will show that elusive color.
Enjoy! And strike it big.

— Roy

============
John Griffith Chaney (January 12, 1876 – November 22, 1916), better known as Jack London, was an American novelist, journalist, and activist. A pioneer of commercial fiction and American magazines, he was one of the first American authors to become an international celebrity and earn a large fortune from writing.

His most famous works are adventure stories set in in Alaska and the Yukon during the Klondike Gold Rush, such as The Call of the Wild, White Fang, “To Build a Fire”, “An Odyssey of the North”, and “Love of Life”. He also wrote about the South Pacific and about adventures at sea. He was also an innovator in the genre that would later become known as science fiction, and wrote tales of fantasy and mystery & suspense.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KlondikeThumbnail.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	196625  
Attached Files
File Type: azw3 LondonJack--CollectedKlondikeTales.azw3 (1.57 MB, 151 views)
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, collected works, yukon gold rush