Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-28-2016, 05:13 PM   #1
disconnected
Fanatic
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra, H2O2e2, Clara, Auras, Kindles, Nooks, Sony, iPAQ
My Kobo library screen

Before I totally freak out, what has Kobo done to the library screen and how do I download the acsm files?

I thought I could at least download the kepub formats to Kobo desktop (although I'd prefer the epub version) but when I opened the desktop app it said there's a mandatory update and I don't trust it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Kobolib.png
Views:	1026
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	148291

Last edited by disconnected; 04-28-2016 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Edit: I'm not sure this is the right place for this; maybe it should be in General Discussions. in
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 05:34 PM   #2
girlwithabook
girlwithabook knows what's going on.girlwithabook knows what's going on.girlwithabook knows what's going on.girlwithabook knows what's going on.girlwithabook knows what's going on.girlwithabook knows what's going on.girlwithabook knows what's going on.girlwithabook knows what's going on.girlwithabook knows what's going on.girlwithabook knows what's going on.girlwithabook knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE, iPhone 6s
I saw that today too! Looks like a redesign, I like it.

I played with it, looks like you can get the ACSM file if you select that "..." menu at the far right of the line for the item you want, then select "Export" from the drop down menu.
girlwithabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 05:39 PM   #3
disconnected
Fanatic
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra, H2O2e2, Clara, Auras, Kindles, Nooks, Sony, iPAQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlwithabook View Post
I saw that today too! Looks like a redesign, I like it.

I played with it, looks like you can get the ACSM file if you select that "..." menu at the far right of the line for the item you want, then select "Export" from the drop down menu.
I panic easily.

disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 07:15 PM   #4
katojenist
katojenist began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600, PRS-350, PRS-950, T1, T2
I noticed the new screen today, and I also noticed that all of my books from the Sony Reader Store are no longer in my library. I'm on "Live Chat" with Kobo right now to figure out where the rest of my books went.
katojenist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 07:51 PM   #5
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
How can I access the books that were in my Trash folder? They were not trash, I just put them there to stop them syncing to my ereader.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 08:05 PM   #6
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
How can I access the books that were in my Trash folder? They were not trash, I just put them there to stop them syncing to my ereader.
As I didn't have items in my trash, I can't say for sure. I typically just use the 'delete from ereader' option and my H2O doesn't download the ebook again even after a sync. Though if I have to do a factory reset then I'm back to deleting the downloaded ebooks.

I'd suggest talking to Kobo.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 08:15 PM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Not to bad. The search is welcome. But, there is something wrong with the title, author and series sorts. It seems to be using the displayed string for the search ("Alan Baxter", rather than "Baxter, Alan") but it goes wrong at the "low" end of the sort. There are a few extra books at the start of the sort that are out of place.

The other thing missing is the trash. I know I had a couple of books in it, and now I can't see how to find them. Of course, I have no idea what the titles were, so maybe they are there somewhere.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 09:00 PM   #8
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The other thing missing is the trash. I know I had a couple of books in it, and now I can't see how to find them. Of course, I have no idea what the titles were, so maybe they are there somewhere.
Some of my books that were in Trash are missing altogether. The missing ones seem to be ones that I had deleted most recently, perhaps within the last 6 months or so.

The rest, which seem to be ones that I deleted longer ago, are now listed along with the other books in the library. There is nothing to indicate that they are different from the other books, but it seems there is longer any way to make them syncable again. (Edit: There used to be a "bookmark" option to do this.)

Last edited by GeoffR; 04-28-2016 at 10:55 PM. Reason: There used to be a "bookmark" option
Old 04-28-2016, 10:31 PM   #9
RZetlin
Addict
RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD (RIP)
The trash folder is gone now, so any books that you accidentally deleted, you cannot get them back.

I am a little baffled on how the sorting works.

How does N come before G?

The search function doesn't work correctly as well. I search for a particular author and only 1 book shows up. I know I have 10+ books by the same author.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Kobo Library.PNG
Views:	542
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	148296  

Last edited by RZetlin; 04-28-2016 at 10:34 PM.
RZetlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 11:05 PM   #10
anavin
Enthusiast
anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O
Just tried removing a book from library, and it said "you can find this item again in the Kobo Store and click Add to Library." Then I did it and the book went back.

But I guess that you can't add your books back to library once they were removed from the store... (Rakuten Kobo did this to some of my books because they made the "updated" versions, re-categorized them, or whatever reason)

For the record: if you use a Japanese Rakuten account to access Kobo, there's another library page you can use, which has a "同期ON/OFF" (sync on/off) function instead of "delete" (but does the same thing).

Update: I can still access the old trash page.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_2016-04-29-10-28-14.jpg
Views:	502
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	148297   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-04-29-10-32-16.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	148298  

Last edited by anavin; 04-28-2016 at 11:40 PM.
anavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 11:25 PM   #11
GeoffR
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by anavin View Post
Just tried removing a book from library, and it said "you can find this item again in the Kobo Store and click Add to Library." Then I did it and the book went back.
Thanks, that worked for me. Now I just need to go through and find my deleted books. It would be good if they had an easy way to do this, something like a trash folder maybe?
Old 04-28-2016, 11:29 PM   #12
katojenist

Apparently, after "chatting" online with a Kobo representative, Kobo removed the Sony Store books from my library during the upgrade. If I want them back, I need to add them back individually. Unless of course, Kobo can figure out a way to do this for me. My library is missing around 460 Sony Store books.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:39 PM   #13
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I've just started looking through things, but have already found a book missing. Going to the book in the Kobo store shows an add to library button along with the message "You already own this item, but have removed it from your library. You can add it back using the button below.". Problem being I didn't remove it from my library. I never used the trash as I've always been paranoid that someday they'd decide to empty the trash for me and I'd lose any books in it. I have over 1,000 books in my Kobo library and now I feel like I need to go through the whole thing to see if anything is missing. Kobo show 1,003 books, and if my backups are any indication (might have a few dupes in there) I'm missing over 100 books.

Also the author and title sorts are not working properly at all. Search is nice to finally have though.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 04-28-2016 at 11:42 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 11:47 PM   #14
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by katojenist View Post
Apparently, after "chatting" online with a Kobo representative, Kobo removed the Sony Store books from my library during the upgrade. If I want them back, I need to add them back individually. Unless of course, Kobo can figure out a way to do this for me. My library is missing around 460 Sony Store books.
Looks like so far all of my Sony books are "missing" too. Gonna be a pain searching for and adding them all back in. Luckily I have a list of all my Sony books that I made before the transfer to Kobo, but still a pain and it's crazy that they think this is an okay way to do things.

EDIT: And I'm only five books into the list and have already come upon a missing book that doesn't have an add to library button but instead a buy button.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 04-28-2016 at 11:51 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 11:50 PM   #15
katojenist

The date the book was added is wrong, also. Books that I know I bought well over two years ago, show up reading 4/20/2016. Crazy!

I also printed up the list of books that was being transferred to Kobo from Sony. Thank goodness! I don't really know what I would do if I didn't have that list.

Last edited by katojenist; 04-28-2016 at 11:53 PM.