Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-06-2014, 01:57 PM   #46
teija
Gadget fiend
teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite 2021, Sony PRS-350
Installed the Mini-Me update on my parent's Mini and immediately noticed faster response, the "Kobo guy" is definitely still there, and the menu tiles are now there (not sure if my folks will like those more or less - harder to see the book artwork from the main menu page). Hooray! Going to have a quick look through it and - after more than a year on 2.5.1 - will FINALLY update my Mini later this evening.
teija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 04:04 PM   #47
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by teija View Post
Installed the Mini-Me update on my parent's Mini and immediately noticed faster response, the "Kobo guy" is definitely still there, and the menu tiles are now there (not sure if my folks will like those more or less - harder to see the book artwork from the main menu page). Hooray! Going to have a quick look through it and - after more than a year on 2.5.1 - will FINALLY update my Mini later this evening.
I'm still on 2.5.1 too. You may have encouraged me to finally upgrade as well.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2014, 06:08 AM   #48
morgoth
morgoth is a marvel to beholdmorgoth is a marvel to beholdmorgoth is a marvel to beholdmorgoth is a marvel to beholdmorgoth is a marvel to beholdmorgoth is a marvel to beholdmorgoth is a marvel to beholdmorgoth is a marvel to beholdmorgoth is a marvel to beholdmorgoth is a marvel to beholdmorgoth is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Aura, Nook Glowlight
Nice news ! Installed from Zip as I didn't have updates through wifi or Kobo Desktop and now I'm downloading articles from Pocket
morgoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:35 AM   #49
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
The update isn't available in France yet, but with the three-day weekend I'm not surprised. Hopefully it will reach us later this week
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:31 PM   #50
teija
Gadget fiend
teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite 2021, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
The update isn't available in France yet, but with the three-day weekend I'm not surprised. Hopefully it will reach us later this week
samhy: The update wasn't available for ours yet either, so we did our first ever sideload for these using the direct-links firmware and it was so easy!
teija is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2014, 03:48 PM   #51
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teija View Post
samhy: The update wasn't available for ours yet either, so we did our first ever sideload for these using the direct-links firmware and it was so easy!
I might do that at some point (maybe next week), but by waiting I'll know for sure when it will be available here (and some people around won't sideload the firmware).
Old 06-11-2014, 11:01 AM   #52
DomesticExtremis
Addict
DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: default
I picked this up the other day and I have to say I'm very impressed with it.
There don't seem to be any bugs, Pocket is support great - far better than
trying to read through the browser and (I'm not sure if this is my imagination)
text and images seem to be a lot crisper.
Only thing I miss is the per-book reading stats on kepubs.
DomesticExtremis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:52 PM   #53
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Finally got the updates for my two Minis. Just wanted to see how long it would take to get the update over the air.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:56 PM   #54
samosa
Groupie
samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, AuraHD, AuraH2O, GloHD, Mini, DXG, PW123, Voyage, NookSTG
Small complaint - the "< Books" button is now missing from the bottom left. You know when you are reading a book and you press the bottom middle to access the Home etc., there used to be the "< Books" where I could go directly to the books.

Now I need to go to "Home" and then access the book list from there.
samosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 05:31 AM   #55
samhy
Wizard

I got it yesterday!
As expected, the highlight function works much better now (it was hit and miss at best before).
Pocket is here.
The download went fine.

So all in all I'm a happy bunny
Old 06-18-2014, 07:37 AM   #56
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I got mine yesterday - Peru.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:15 PM   #57
pedrogaza
pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Kobo Mini
Bad update

I tried it for a week, and here is my review :

- I can't stand the delay after click. Sometimes click do not do anything, maybe It is due to the ability to turn pages by sliding your finger from right to left (which is not very useful). Moreover, now I can't anymore laugh at ipad user who try to turn pages with sliding

- The home screen is clear, and better with the tiles.

- The stat for kepub does not appear anymore during the reading

-*I tought pocket will be better, It does not know how to parse wikipedia I will continue to use instapaper instead.

Finally I go back to the old one.

If someone know if it is possible to inhib page turning by sliding the fingers, it would be great.
pedrogaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:55 PM   #58
samhy
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrogaza View Post
- The stat for kepub does not appear anymore during the reading
It doesn't work for sideloaded kepubs, but it should be working just fine with genuine Kepubs. Press the underlined part on the bottom left of the menu to prompt the stats.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:32 PM   #59
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrogaza View Post
I tried it for a week, and here is my review :

- I can't stand the delay after click. Sometimes click do not do anything, maybe It is due to the ability to turn pages by sliding your finger from right to left (which is not very useful). Moreover, now I can't anymore laugh at ipad user who try to turn pages with sliding.
AFAIK swiping to change pages in a book has been in the Kobo firmware for quite a while now. Swipe right to left to page forward in a book, left to right to page back. In the library view on my Aura HD, swipe to go backward and forwards in the library, tap to open a book. The Kobo Mini user guide I downloaded in 2012 shortly after it's release also mentions swiping as a means of changing pages as does a Touch user guide from 2011. Hmmm... perhaps I should recover some space by deleting some of those old files.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 03:34 AM   #60
pedrogaza
pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Kobo Mini
@DNSB : Actually you are right. When I put the old FW swiping works. So I don't know why is my kobo so slow with 3.4.1...
pedrogaza is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo firmware.