Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-23-2018, 11:58 AM   #16
Amiieey
Connoisseur
Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Likebook Mars, Kindle Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
What firmware version?
Did you install the most recent version that is now posted by Amazon?
(Amazon rolled the TLS and cert updates into the most recent firmware for the device but did not change its external version number.)

WHICH "Kindle 5th. gen" ?
See:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
Or just post the first six characters of your device's serial number.
4.1.3. And yes I did.

902317 are the first few characters. Guess it's a 4th gen.

It's not my fault lol. It's Amazon's end. They can register it on the Amazon site but I still can't register it on my Kindle itself. Says it's not registered.

I'll contact them again later. Thanks Tarana.

Last edited by Amiieey; 05-23-2018 at 12:05 PM.
Amiieey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:25 PM   #17
SKK
Addict
SKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: N/A
Hi, good news! Amazon has fixed the problem.
SKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 08:32 AM   #18
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiieey View Post
4.1.3. And yes I did.

902317 are the first few characters. Guess it's a 4th gen.

It's not my fault lol. It's Amazon's end. They can register it on the Amazon site but I still can't register it on my Kindle itself. Says it's not registered.

I'll contact them again later. Thanks Tarana.
No guessing required, just read that line in the table I linked to:

B023, 9023 Kindle 4 NoTouch Black (2012) K4, K4B [Support added in KindleTool 1.5.1]

Note: It was the K4 that introduced sales region variations in the "generation" marketing terms used by Amazon sales department - in some sales regions, a K4B is a "5th. generation" device.
So just stick with the nicknames shown in our table and avoid the possible confusions.

Last edited by knc1; 05-24-2018 at 08:34 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote