Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-21-2018, 09:17 AM   #1
LordP
Zealot
LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Boox Note - Recently Added

Hello,

I wonder if someone can verify is the "Recently Added" section of the home page only holds 30 books?

I just got this unit and could not figure out how to add books because I could not find the "Books" folder - it didn't exist. cqman suggested I create the folder, which I did. When I added some books they showed up in the "Recently Added" section.

All good.

Now I've added some more books. but these do NOT show up in "Recently Added" at all. They can be seen from the Library menu though.

I did try "Rebuild Library" and "Scan for metadata" but nothing seems to add the books to "Recently Added".

I have to assume that section can only hold 30 books.

Is this correct?

Thanks for your help.
LordP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 05:49 PM   #2
Kapabllanka
Kapabllanka began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordP View Post
Hello,

I wonder if someone can verify is the "Recently Added" section of the home page only holds 30 books?

I just got this unit and could not figure out how to add books because I could not find the "Books" folder - it didn't exist. cqman suggested I create the folder, which I did. When I added some books they showed up in the "Recently Added" section.

All good.

Now I've added some more books. but these do NOT show up in "Recently Added" at all. They can be seen from the Library menu though.

I did try "Rebuild Library" and "Scan for metadata" but nothing seems to add the books to "Recently Added".

I have to assume that section can only hold 30 books.

Is this correct?

Thanks for your help.

Hi, LordP.

I'm from Brazil and bought Onyx Note recently. I also do not know how to use the device well. I am using the google translator. I hope the translation stays well.

I had a similar problem. I have not yet been able to dictate 30 books, but I created the books folder, from the PC, when connected to Note.

However, upon opening the device, said folder is not shown. And all the books get together and mixed together.

Anyway, I'm trying to organize my library.

I would like to know how to do this.
Kapabllanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:28 PM   #3
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Personally, I seldom use the library folder and rarely go beyond the 6 items listed as Recently Read on my homescreen. I have usually found such lists a bit to0 clunky to look for a specific book/document.

Instead, I installed the FX File Explorer app from the Play Store and added it to the list of icons at the bottom of my homescreen. I believe it replaced the browser app which I seldom use.

On my computer, I can easily create folders and subfolders with the books arranged as I like. I can then drag and drop those folders onto my Note.

Then when I search for an item using the FX File Explorer app, I can see all the folders which I created on the computer and can easily go into them to locate the book/document I am looking for. I can even create new folders with the FX app and copy and paste or move books from one folder into the newly created folder. Very handy. Wish I had that same ability on my Kobo ereaders.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 03:47 AM   #4
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
In Pocketbook you can sort your entire library in Last opened and Last added order, in addition to Title and Author. The entire library! I very much miss it in Onyx.

Does anyone know of an Android file manager that does "Recent files"? FX File Explorer is incompatible with Android 4. MK File manager and Xplorer work, but they don't have Recent files.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 08:15 AM   #5
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
FX File Explorer is incompatible with Android 4.
That's odd. I have FX File Explorer on a tablet running Android 4.1.2, and I also have it on my Max1 which runs Android 4.0.4.

Perhaps you just need to find an earlier version of FX or extract the APK from a different device and sideload it.
Old 05-22-2018, 08:37 AM   #6
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
That's odd. I have FX File Explorer on a tablet running Android 4.1.2, and I also have it on my Max1 which runs Android 4.0.4.

Perhaps you just need to find an earlier version of FX or extract the APK from a different device and sideload it.
Google Play doesn't let install it. Maybe indeed I have to hunt for an earlier version online.

Alas, the oldest version available here requires Android 4.1, when I have 4.0 https://fx-file-explorer.en.uptodown...download/76361

Last edited by mobama; 05-22-2018 at 08:47 AM.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 02:45 PM   #7
citytrader
Connoisseur
citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: BOOX Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
Google Play doesn't let install it. Maybe indeed I have to hunt for an earlier version online.

Alas, the oldest version available here requires Android 4.1, when I have 4.0 https://fx-file-explorer.en.uptodown...download/76361
I use Total Commander, maybe you could try it...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...TotalCommander
citytrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 04:26 PM   #8
LordP
Zealot
LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
@Question Mark

Interesting.

So you bypass the OS to create your own customized folders. I might try that.

What I did manage to do is use "Rebuild Library" which, at least gave me the book covers on the icons in "Library".

@mobama, the Boox Note runs Android 6.

I'll try both FX File Explorer and Total Commander - but I really like seeing the book covers and I doubt these file explorers show that. The built-in "Library" does show the covers.
LordP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 08:33 PM   #9
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordP View Post
@Question Mark

Interesting.

So you bypass the OS to create your own customized folders. I might try that.
Yup. I just organize everything as I want it on my computer. Everything organized into various folders and subfolders. I then drag and drop it onto my Note.

I can then see all the folders and subfolders as they were organized on my computer if I go into the FX app to look for a specific book/document. Very convenient.

And if I want to create additional folders on the Note, I can do that too, using the FX app. Then I can copy and paste or move items from one folder to another. Again, very convenient.

The only drawback is that you don't get to see the covers in the FX app. However, once I open the book/document, it will show up with its cover in the Recently Read section on my homescreen.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:54 AM   #10
MadAstra
Enthusiast
MadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Oasis, Onyx Boox Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Yup. I just organize everything as I want it on my computer. Everything organized into various folders and subfolders. I then drag and drop it onto my Note.

I can then see all the folders and subfolders as they were organized on my computer if I go into the FX app to look for a specific book/document. Very convenient.
I do something similar. Although I just use the built-in "Storage" app on the Note to navigate to the file I want. I haven't installed any third-party file browsers.
MadAstra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 10:46 PM   #11
Kapabllanka
Kapabllanka began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note
This post was very useful to me. Thank you.
Kapabllanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 09:19 AM   #12
acsorama
acsorama began at the beginning.

Device: onyx note
[QUOTE=mobama;3696128]In Pocketbook you can sort your entire library in Last opened and Last added order, in addition to Title and Author. The entire library! I very much miss it in Onyx.

Hi !

I use Calibre companion and it very usefull.
acsorama is offline   Reply With Quote