Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-27-2010, 05:18 AM   #46
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKindleWorm View Post
That's true. Yes they're probably not used to dealing with such volumes of items on top of their regular orders. I will resign myself to the idea of it arriving later next week so if it (by a miracle) arrives tommorow, I will be very pleasantly surprised. In the meantime, I will organize my ebook collection ...
They seemed to cope well with things like the Harry Potter phenomenom and peaks around Christmas. And they did not about it in advance.

I suspect a delivery that was a couple of days late, or that came unexpectedly in groups.
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:30 AM   #47
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Hurray! My Kindle's just changed to "Dispatching Soon" .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2010, 05:31 AM   #48
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
I just got the 'Welcome to Kindle' email that says 'I hope you're enjoying your new Kindle'.

I'll be an optimist and say that means they are on the way and the sheer volume has meant that systems have not been updated on a timely basis.

They are probably concentrating on getting them out the door and going back later and updating all the customer accounts.
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:07 AM   #49
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Hurray! My Kindle's just changed to "Dispatching Soon" .

I ordered on the same day as you so hopefully mine will change soon too!
Old 08-27-2010, 06:34 AM   #50
Susianne
Susianne began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
I ordered the K 3G on 10 August, so no updates on my shipping details yet. Am not expecting it until about 7-8 Sept.
Susianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2010, 06:44 AM   #51
suecsi
Rock Chick

Dispatching soon!!!!!! Glad I asked hubby to stay at home tomorrow while I pop out, as depending on the courier it can be a horrid hike to Park Royal in the traffic if it's Parcelforce, though I do at least live near a CityLink depot if it's them.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:50 AM   #52
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hopefully it'll be Royal Mail Special Delivery. City Link don't deliver on a Saturday .
Old 08-27-2010, 06:53 AM   #53
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
I am a day behind you both as I ordered on the 30th, so hopefully it won't be long now until i see some movement on my order
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:01 AM   #54
suecsi
Rock Chick

I hope so too - if it was Parcelforce, it goes back to Park Royal. If it's Royal Mail, it goes back to the local depot, about a mile away

Not had too much experience with CityLink but most of the major couriers have depots near where I live given I am about 500 yards from the end of the Heathrow southern runway .....

My hubby has has a few negative experiences with UPS though and always refers to them as Useless Parcel Services
Old 08-27-2010, 07:10 AM   #55
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Hopefully it'll be Royal Mail Special Delivery. City Link don't deliver on a Saturday .
Stange; I'm sure I've seen City Link (and HDN) out on Saturday's round our way. Though I'd agree Royal Mail, for all its problems, is much better/easier!

Let us know who it is shipped with....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I am a day behind you both as I ordered on the 30th, so hopefully it won't be long now until i see some movement on my order
And I a day behind both of thee....

Quote:
Originally Posted by suecsi View Post
I hope so too - if it was Parcelforce, it goes back to Park Royal. If it's Royal Mail, it goes back to the local depot, about a mile away

Not had too much experience with CityLink but most of the major couriers have depots near where I live given I am about 500 yards from the end of the Heathrow southern runway .....

My hubby has has a few negative experiences with UPS though and always refers to them as Useless Parcel Services
I've had a few experiences with CityLink -- very erratic. A couple of perfect deliveries from helpful drivers, another time left on the doorstep (in pouring rain, of course) and another, when sitting in the living room (reading, of course!) I heard the leaflet saying "you were out..." being pushed through the letter box.
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:17 AM   #56
andothfc
andothfc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Great, I've changed to Dispatching Soon. Depending on courier we might get them tomorrow then. I had a weekend of reading planned (got to finish East of Eden).

Disappointed Amazon didn't get them to us for release day but at least the wheels are no turning.
andothfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:21 AM   #57
suecsi
Rock Chick

Our HDN driver is pretty good - he delivers right up until about 10pm at night! Though I hope it isn't that late.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:27 AM   #58
SwedishMike
SwedishMike began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Does anyone get the email first, with the date, or does the status just change?

// Mike
SwedishMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:29 AM   #59
suecsi
Rock Chick

Status changed for me (shortly after the Welcome to Kindle Email). But no email yet about dispatch (as still Dispatching Soon).
Old 08-27-2010, 07:30 AM   #60
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
Stange; I'm sure I've seen City Link (and HDN) out on Saturday's round our way. Though I'd agree Royal Mail, for all its problems, is much better/easier!
Sorry, let me rephrase that. Amazon don't appear to use City Link for Saturday deliveries. I'm an Amazon Prime customer, so I get everything "next day". It's normally City Link during the week, and Royal Mail on a Saturday. City Link probably do deliver on a Saturday, but charge extra for it, or something like that .