Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-05-2012, 10:14 AM   #1
dmspen
Enthusiast
dmspen has learned how to read e-booksdmspen has learned how to read e-booksdmspen has learned how to read e-booksdmspen has learned how to read e-booksdmspen has learned how to read e-booksdmspen has learned how to read e-booksdmspen has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
ZeroDay by David Baldacci

I'm about halfway through Zero Day - the first in a new series by David Baldacci. I must express my disappointment in Mr Baldaccis book. This last year I read all the Lee Child novels with Reacher as the main character. Baldacci has nearly copied this character to a T.

Military cop, heavy coffee drinker, clock in his head, etc. It's amazing the similarities.

While the book is not bad, I'm am less than overjoyed at the character in this book.
dmspen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:38 PM   #2
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmspen View Post
I'm about halfway through Zero Day - the first in a new series by David Baldacci. I must express my disappointment in Mr Baldaccis book. This last year I read all the Lee Child novels with Reacher as the main character. Baldacci has nearly copied this character to a T.

Military cop, heavy coffee drinker, clock in his head, etc. It's amazing the similarities.

While the book is not bad, I'm am less than overjoyed at the character in this book.
Hmmm. I have this on my Kindle and my TBR list. I am a huge fan of Lee Child, so I will enter the pages of Zero Day with some trepidation. Thanks for the warning.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert