Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-21-2010, 06:11 AM   #91
ArchCarrier
ArchCarrier began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 360
I'd like to be able to bind keys to file functions, especially Delete. I read a lot of downloaded blog posts on the PB, and I like to delete them from the device when I've read them. Right now, I have to press different buttons 14 (!) times (Menu-Exit-OK-Context menu-Down-Down-Down-Down-Right-Down-Down-OK-Left-OK) to delete the document I'm currently reading.
ArchCarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:49 AM   #92
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
I've found that, while I scroll with the D-pad between books, I must press the buttons once for every position I want to ascend or descend. Holding the "Down" key doesn't make the selection go down on its own, but I must press "Down" every step I want to go down. If you have really long lists of books (e.g due to using certain themes) it can get quite boring to press... say, 15 times the "down" key to come from the 1st to the 16th book in the list.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2010, 12:49 PM   #93
krish
Connoisseur
krish began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302, Kindle 3(Wifi), Sony PRS-950
This post is after my first hand experience with the pocketbook handling a pdf. Overall, I am very much impressed with PB handling a pdf. Below are my suggestion regarding zoom features to make it even better and user friendly.

1. Zoom selection option shall be increased further to include fit page, fit height options (both cases shall cut the white borders similar to the present fit width option) and intelligent zoom based on direct selection by touchscreen markup and zoom that markedup area to fit the screen.
2. In fit width zoom option, an option to block the hidden white margin area or cut permanently. When scrolling up / down by touchscreen, presently it also moves sideways showing the white borders on one side and hides the words on the other end.
krish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:44 AM   #94
brainycat
PocketBook 302 FTW!
brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 302, upgraded from PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey330 View Post
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79946 This guy, rasch, has created the most awesome-looking carbon fiber cover for the PB301.
COVET! I would buy a 600 series reader IF it came with a carbon fiber shell. Seriously. I am that big of a sucker for doodads that look like F1 cars
brainycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:45 PM   #95
kgn
Groupie
kgn has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Pocketbook 302
Bluetooth support

Lot of us use our phones with bluetooth speakers (also hands free). To most people this is what bluetooth is for, and really, what it means.

I would like the 302 to be able to send music (audio books, etc) to bluetooth speakers.
kgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2010, 09:22 AM   #96
krish
Connoisseur
krish began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302, Kindle 3(Wifi), Sony PRS-950
I would like to have scroll up/down line by line as button mapping options. Presently, move up / down moves feature moves complete full screen up /down (may be only one line from the past screen view). This is not helpful if any picture/diagram is cut halfway in a view. Moving down shows next half but we could not able to scroll in a way to adjust the view to see the full picture.
krish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:04 AM   #97
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ODT SUPPORT! I'm tired of bloated DOC files which weigh thrice as much and hang with ease.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:07 PM   #98
brainycat
PocketBook 302 FTW!
brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 302, upgraded from PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
ODT SUPPORT! I'm tired of bloated DOC files which weigh thrice as much and hang with ease.
Agreed. I don't recall seeing ODT support in any other reader's specs; it may be worth it just for the coup if nothing else.
brainycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:59 PM   #99
darkforce
Enthusiast
darkforce began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
(-_-)/ Either I.
darkforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:57 AM   #100
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Not so much wanted, as *suggested*:

The Last 10 Read pop-up menu on the power button has room for a few extra icons.
Judging by the many creative ways folks are using the FAVORITES shortcut system, it might be a good idea to add a FAVORITES Icon to the pop-up menu.

Just a thought.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:49 AM   #101
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
GPX support?

The conversions to epub/html/etc aren't that great. It would be nice to have internal support/indexing for us geocachers...
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:36 PM   #102
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Not so much wanted, as *suggested*:

The Last 10 Read pop-up menu on the power button has room for a few extra icons.
Judging by the many creative ways folks are using the FAVORITES shortcut system, it might be a good idea to add a FAVORITES Icon to the pop-up menu.

Just a thought.
That's a great idea. I also wish we'd be able to add a book to our favourites from inside the book itself, and I wonder if that little popup menu wouldn't be a good place to add that.

Speaking of favourites. I'd love to be able to add a book to multiple favourites at once, whether it be a check box system or something else. It's very time consuming the way it is at the moment.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:58 PM   #103
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndecisiveMe View Post
Speaking of favourites. I'd love to be able to add a book to multiple favourites at once, whether it be a check box system or something else. It's very time consuming the way it is at the moment.
That should be doable from the PC side.
Remember, the favorites are just link files; very much like windows shortcuts.
They can be copied.

And, theoretically, somebody could write a Calibre plug-in that would create a favorites structure from the PC side. (Just don't expect me to do it. )

Last edited by fjtorres; 08-17-2010 at 12:00 AM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:23 AM   #104
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
That should be doable from the PC side.
Remember, the favorites are just link files; very much like windows shortcuts.
They can be copied.

And, theoretically, somebody could write a Calibre plug-in that would create a favorites structure from the PC side. (Just don't expect me to do it. )
PC side would be good, and probably much quicker. I don't use Calibre to organise my books, I only use it for converting files. I have my own organisation system, and I'm not sure if that would mess everything up or not.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 04:58 AM   #105
Logseman
Orisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgn View Post
Lot of us use our phones with bluetooth speakers (also hands free). To most people this is what bluetooth is for, and really, what it means.

I would like the 302 to be able to send music (audio books, etc) to bluetooth speakers.
Actually, PB302 does have a Bluetooth module built inside. However, the driver which activates it shall come with the next firmware update.