Notices

Old 07-06-2018, 11:38 AM   #1
Sam Sahara
Connoisseur
Sam Sahara doesn't litterSam Sahara doesn't litterSam Sahara doesn't litter

Device: lambda k21
Footnotes and other kind of link

Hello.

What is the HTML characteristic of a footnote? What HTML characteristic lets Kobo recognize a footnote from a common link?

ss
Sam Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 08:36 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I really have to answer this with, "do a search". This has been discussed here a few times. What has been discovered has been posted along with some sample books. Off the top of my head, I don't remember the details and would have to do the search myself.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 03:20 AM   #3
Sam Sahara
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I really have to answer this with, "do a search".
I did a search (before to ask the question), but I didn't find a simple answer.

By the way, I've done some experiments and it seems to me that the differencutm_source=ig_embed&utm_thread=loading" style=" color:#0a0a0a; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none;" target="_blank">

Last edited by Sam Sahara; 05-26-2020 at 05:21 AM.
Old 07-07-2018, 06:51 AM   #4
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Sahara View Post
What search terms did you try? I just did a quick search for "footnotes html" in the Kobo devices forum and found this as one of the first hits:

Pop-up footnotes

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=227517

Quote:
This is NOT managed as a footnote link:

Code:
<a href="../Text/Footnotes.html#id-note33">33</a><a id="Text-note33"></a>
It's no wonder it doesn't work. It doesn't make sense. It creates two separate links, one linking to nowhere and with nothing displayed on screen (in red).
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 07:08 AM   #5
Sam Sahara
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
... and found this as one of the first hits ...
That post is not an answer to my question.

My suggestion makes a lot of sense for people who make epubs.

ss
Old 07-07-2018, 10:25 AM   #6
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
How does it make sense? Not a joke, I don't get it
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 10:54 AM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Sahara View Post
From your post, there is no way I would have thought you had done any research into this. A statement that you had is a good idea to prevent a response like mine.

Now, as to why you didn't find a simple answer, because there isn't one. I've done some playing with it over the years and I can't exactly predict it. Others have done the same. I know the details have been discussed as a I said, as I've been involved. A quick search found https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=293577. One of my posts in there has a link to Kobo kepubs specs. There is also some discussion in the thread for the kepubify tool and other older threads. I've posted a test book with a few different scenarios in it to show what does and doesn't work.
Quote:
By the way, I've done some experiments and it seems to me that the difference is as follows:

This is NOT managed as a footnote link:

This is managed as a footnote link:
For your example, I am surprised that the first wasn't treated as a footnote. But, looking at my test book, I don't have exactly that case, and I wouldn't have thought to code it that way. I would have done it the second way.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
footnote links, html