Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-11-2011, 10:23 PM   #1
acail0607
acail0607 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.acail0607 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.acail0607 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.acail0607 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.acail0607 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: KOBO
Covers in Epubs not being displayed on Kobo when transfered from Calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Have you checked to see if the cover is actually in one of the books that's causing you a problem?
Hi there, I have the exact same problem as jackastor does. Within the library, the covers are fine. But when I open the Epub or when it's transferred to my Kobo, the covers are the first page of the Epub. Any suggestions?

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 12-12-2011 at 04:34 AM.
acail0607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:32 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by acail0607 View Post
Hi there, I have the exact same problem as Jackson does. Within the library, the covers are fine. But when I open the Epub or when it's transferred to my Kobo, the covers are the first page of the Epub. Any suggestions?
The covers you see in the calibre library may possibly be embedded in the ePub using one of the below features.
  1. Use the Save to disk feature to export the book from calibre.
  2. Use the Send to device to export the book from calibre.
  3. Use the Connect to folder (iTunes) feature to export the book from calibre.
  4. Use the Content server to export the book from calibre.
  5. Use the modify ePub plugin to update the cover in the book.
  6. Convert the file from on format to another, ePub to ePub would work.
Covers will only get inserted into the ePub with the first 5 options above if there is an existing cover in the ePub that is properly structured and identified as a cover.

Currently if a cover doesn't already exist in the ePub or if the cover is not properly identified the only way to insert the cover is via a conversion, once more for the record a ePub - ePub conversion would work to embed the cover.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert