Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-16-2019, 09:14 PM   #136
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
I was Telling You Zod You Should use them Cases are Not going to protect IF Fingers can Peel the wax off.
Wait...there's a wax coating on the Clara? Is it on the screen?

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 10:32 PM   #137
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
That's what it Feels like that's what I am calling it.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 10:37 PM   #138
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Any one having problems with the screen Pealing? I have a few places where some kinda coating is coming off....
Here is my 1st post about it.....
Old 04-17-2019, 10:41 AM   #139
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
I was Telling You Zod You Should use them Cases are Not going to protect IF Fingers can Peel the wax off.
I understand. But I still have all the ereaders I've ever purchased still in fine working shape, except for the one ST w/Glowlight whose screen broke in a car incident. Maybe I'm just lucky.

But I'm also too much of a perfectionist and trying to add a sticky layer of film to the screen of my reader would stress me out, worrying about bubles/dirt/cat fur, etc. Each person has to do what they're confortable with, I guess.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 12:24 PM   #140
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
I have never seen a Clare around me; so, a question:

First, I don't care about red light, my glasses already filters those irritating lights (Essilor Crizal Prevencia, I strongly suggest them). My Glo HD is quite old now and carries all those wear and tear. There are also some dead pixels. I can still use it, but I am starting to think about an upgrade.

So, comparatively, are there any improvements in the Clara screen? It there isn't much, or any, I will wait and hope for another IR touchscreen device from Kobo.
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 12:39 PM   #141
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

When you get it go into light settings & Turn OFF Auto. The You can decide which Lights you want on. Mine is adjusted so the Blue lights are on.
Old 04-19-2019, 12:41 PM   #142
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I understand. But I still have all the ereaders I've ever purchased still in fine working shape, except for the one ST w/Glowlight whose screen broke in a car incident. Maybe I'm just lucky.

But I'm also too much of a perfectionist and trying to add a sticky layer of film to the screen of my reader would stress me out, worrying about bubles/dirt/cat fur, etc. Each person has to do what they're confortable with, I guess.
Me 2.... that's why mine is For Sale!
Old 04-19-2019, 01:24 PM   #143
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GERGE View Post
I have never seen a Clare around me; so, a question:

First, I don't care about red light, my glasses already filters those irritating lights (Essilor Crizal Prevencia, I strongly suggest them). My Glo HD is quite old now and carries all those wear and tear. There are also some dead pixels. I can still use it, but I am starting to think about an upgrade.

So, comparatively, are there any improvements in the Clara screen? It there isn't much, or any, I will wait and hope for another IR touchscreen device from Kobo.
I have a Clara, but no Glo HD to compare it to.

My Clara is noticeably faster than my Aura, even with both running the same firmware. The Glo HD is a newer model than my Aura, so you may not notice as much of a jump in speed.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote