Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-15-2010, 05:58 PM   #1
P.X. Fort
Connoisseur
P.X. Fort doesn't litterP.X. Fort doesn't litter

Device: JetBook Lite; EeePC 1005HA
My order status in perpetual nothingness.

Im so frustrated I need to vent. I dont want to besmirch a promising product or company so no names will be given or implied.

I ordered a product on Wednesday afternoon at which time I was told it would be out the door and a tracking number would be sent asap. Great
That night into Thursday no tracking number. I called to be sure there were no problems with any aspect of the order. I was told that it would be out the door today for sure and a tracking number would be sent asap. Later Thursday night I get the tracking number and the delivery would be on Friday ( the very next day) since it's only about 75 miles away.. So I come home late on Thursday night and check the progress. No change I just get the generic we were notified about your shipment statment. All day today the same thing no change in tracking status.

Ok this time an email was sent. I dont want to seem Obsessive Compulsive or anything. The response was that a shipping label was made and it even has your name on it. So all we need to do is slap this puppy on your order and it should be at your door faster than you can say dropped the ball.

So ok I know the shipping company delivers on Saturday I'll just go to work tonight and enjoy my saturday with my new ebook reader. So let me just check the tracking status before I leave. *click track* Good I see the status changed from received info to picked up. Ok now when is deliv.....Jan 18, 2010...Wa Wa What.....*Head explodes* But its only 75 miles away!!!

I should have ordered a (anything else goes here)

(edit) You know I dont know how this slipped my mind but Jan 18, 2010 is a HOLIDAY!!!!!

Last edited by P.X. Fort; 01-15-2010 at 06:16 PM.
P.X. Fort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:05 PM   #2
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Maybe you could leave out the smiley spam in your post in the future? Makes it hard to read.

Secondly, unless they shipped your product via NextDay, Express, or some other 1-2 day shipping service, you won't usually get it for about a week. I'm guessing the company sent it via USPS (since your profile says you're in the U.S.) parcel post. In which case, the typical wait time is about 4 business days (Saturdays and Sundays not included).

Do you know which shipping service was used? USPS? UPS? FedEx? DHL? Which service speed did they ship it by?
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2010, 12:07 AM   #3
P.X. Fort
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
Maybe you could leave out the smiley spam in your post in the future? Makes it hard to read.

Secondly, unless they shipped your product via NextDay, Express, or some other 1-2 day shipping service, you won't usually get it for about a week. I'm guessing the company sent it via USPS (since your profile says you're in the U.S.) parcel post. In which case, the typical wait time is about 4 business days (Saturdays and Sundays not included).

Do you know which shipping service was used? USPS? UPS? FedEx? DHL? Which service speed did they ship it by?
The smiley spam was ment to make it light hearted.

I have ordered many items from amazon and selected supersaver shipping which can take up to 6 days according to the shipping terms. But I recevied my items in 2 days. It all depends on the proximity of the sender and recipient in some cases. I have also ordered from B&H photo using the lowest cost standard shipping method and had my order the next day.

I guess it also can depend on where you live and how fast things get moved around. Here in the corridor between Philadelphia to New York things get moving around at a fast pace.

If the Item I ordered had in fact been shipped on Wednesday I would no doubt have had it Thursday. And if it had shipped on thursday, I would have it in my hands now.

In my user profile there to the left it indicates my general location on this Earth.

At any rate, this post was more of a rant for me to alleviate some stress.

I thought the Smiley would come across better. But you are correct it is annoying

Last edited by P.X. Fort; 01-16-2010 at 12:12 AM.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:17 AM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
You ordered a Jetbook and you haven't received it yet? How do you know the item is coming from the location that is 75 miles away and not from a fulfillment facility elsewhere?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:05 AM   #5
P.X. Fort
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
You ordered a Jetbook and you haven't received it yet? How do you know the item is coming from the location that is 75 miles away and not from a fulfillment facility elsewhere?
I did not say what I ordered. I ordered many things within the last few days.

I know exactly where it is comming from because:
1 I ordered it over the phone and spoke to a real person.
2 When I ordered it I ask where is this shipping from.
3 My tracking info shows where my shipment was picked up from and whereit is at this time.

Last edited by P.X. Fort; 01-16-2010 at 01:07 AM.
Advert
Old 01-16-2010, 01:28 AM   #6
RonF
Zealot
RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-300, K3 WiFi, K4 NT, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.X. Fort View Post

3 My tracking info shows where my shipment was picked up from and whereit is at this time.

Wednesday 1/13 3:00PM
Quote:
I just ordered a Jetbook lite from ECTACO
Maybe you didn't say in this thread...

Anyway, I can feel for you with shipping and tracking of the items. I have ordered things that should take a week and get it next day, and I have orders that are the opposite. I know how much more exciting it would have been to have gotten the eBook today and had the weekend to play with it. But come a week from now, it will all be good.

Please let me know how you like the Jetbook lite, I have been recommending it to a couple friends looking for an inexpensive reader.
RonF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:04 AM   #7
P.X. Fort
Connoisseur

Im sure once I get " The thing I ordered" I will once again be one with the world.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:53 AM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

I know you didn't say what you ordered but I looked at the device info under your avatar which says "Jetbook" and since you've been asking questions about various readers recently, I assumed (maybe incorrectly) that the Jetbook is the device you're talking about. Also you posted this in the "Which one should I buy" forum so it should be about an ebook reader. I'm not sure why you won't tell us what it is.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:48 AM   #9
P.X. Fort
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I know you didn't say what you ordered but I looked at the device info under your avatar which says "Jetbook" and since you've been asking questions about various readers recently, I assumed (maybe incorrectly) that the Jetbook is the device you're talking about. Also you posted this in the "Which one should I buy" forum so it should be about an ebook reader. I'm not sure why you won't tell us what it is.
I don't want to tarnish any device or company because of my Obsessive Compulsive needs. But yes it is a Jetbook.

It was shipped FedEx. The Tracking status says on vehical for delivery. So thats actually next day delivery. But in the notes it says Deliver on the next buisness day. So no Saturday Delivery.

I really thought I would have had it by Friday. But at least I have one on the way.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:24 AM   #10
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
I don't want to tarnish any device or company because of my Obsessive Compulsive needs. But yes it is a Jetbook.
Why should you be different from the rest of us?
Old 01-16-2010, 03:26 PM   #11
Linda!
Enthusiast
Linda! has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Jetbook Lite
Quote:

I really thought I would have had it by Friday. But at least I have one on the way.
Hang in there, enjoy the weekend, and look forward to receiving it early next week. While its frustrating, eventually it will be there. Amazons Super Saver shipping can be inconsistent with their delivery times.

Sorry, thats the best I can suggest but I do feel your disappointment that it wasnt there yesterday.
Linda! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 05:49 PM   #12
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:

It was shipped FedEx. The Tracking status says on vehical for delivery. So thats actually next day delivery. But in the notes it says Deliver on the next buisness day. So no Saturday Delivery.

It's not that bad waiting a few days. It's not like you can't survive without it for another few. You've already been waiting a while for one. Besides, you can always stare at the pictures everyone else posts of their ereader and go goo-goo-ga-ga over them.
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:52 AM   #13
raiderkilo
Connoisseur
raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: PRS-350 "PRS+"
same problem with Sony PRS600 from foreign supplier.In end I cancel my order for this time.
raiderkilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 06:02 AM   #14
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Ahhh, we're so spoiled here! Must be the smaller distances

(I would never order somewhere if I didn't get it the next day unless they don't have it in stock...)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:32 PM   #15
John1997
Enthusiast
John1997 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Jetbook Lite
>> Im so frustrated I need to vent.

Sometimes we all just need to vent! Maybe it even helps us to feel better. And the rest of us can say, ah, it's not just me.

Hope you enjoy your Jetbook when it arrives (and it should have v15)
John1997 is offline   Reply With Quote