Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-06-2008, 03:38 AM   #1
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Python 2.6 for iLiad

Here is a Python 2.6 for iLiad.
Usage:
*Unpack the attachments to anywhere
*in mrxvt, run python/python to enter interactive mode
*You can use python as a text mode calculator. Type "8-2" and you'll get a "6".

I don't do programming on python, I need it because I want to compile PyGTK. Maybe you python programmers can say something more about how to use python on iLiad.
Attached Files
File Type: rar python.part1.rar (8.58 MB, 384 views)
File Type: rar python.part2.rar (5.82 MB, 374 views)

Last edited by ericshliao; 10-06-2008 at 06:20 AM.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:51 AM   #2
drago
Enthusiast
drago began at the beginning.

Device: KPW, BrokenfirstgeniLiad
Would this make porting comix feasable?

See this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ighlight=comix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antartica View Post
The problem is that as it's based in python, one would have to bring python to the Iliad, and it can be a very straight forward thing to do or a very complicated task... because python is huge! Anyway, it would be somewhat time-consuming.

I would prefer to port a plain C program, but it seems that all the good comic viewers are written in some sort of script language...
From this I infer that porting Comix would now be feasible. That would be very nice indeed.
drago is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2008, 05:38 AM   #3
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

I haven't been able to build PyGTK for iLiad.
By conjecture, the odd is tiny.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:42 AM   #4
mike b
mike b began at the beginning.

Thumbs down Python-based Browser?

If python is working, would a python-based browser like FireSnake work and be an improvement over existing Iliad browsers?
mike b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:30 AM   #5
ericshliao
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike b View Post
If python is working, would a python-based browser like FireSnake work and be an improvement over existing Iliad browsers?
I don't think having FireSnake working on iLiad is possible. Unless you are satisfied with console mode browsing. FireSnake needs PyQt binding for X-window environemnt.

Last edited by ericshliao; 10-16-2008 at 05:57 PM.
Advert
Old 11-21-2008, 07:52 AM   #6
kapoira
Connoisseur
kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: i62HD + T68
can you port the lib of the qt, to do programs with pyqt, very please with sugar on top.

python + qt = pyqt

it can be the best solution to program for the iliad with graphics
kapoira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:21 PM   #7
ericshliao
Guru

Under iLiad's limited memory size and its special display refresh mechanism, Python is not a good way to do serious job on iLIad, especially when GUI is related.

Besides, PyQt is not the combination of Python and Qt. Instead, PyQt is a binding between Qt and Python. The relationship between them is not an equation A+B=C.

More specifically, I would say "Python on top of PyQt on top of Qt = Python GUI".

Last edited by ericshliao; 11-21-2008 at 10:29 PM.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:39 AM   #8
kapoira
Connoisseur
kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

i know that it isn't the equation python +qt =pyqt true but it's the simple way i express the idea of the bindings. It's very simple but you get the idea.

How you cross-compile the python to the iliad? thanks in advance
Old 11-28-2008, 08:10 PM   #9
ericshliao
Guru

I wish I could tell more, but I it's been some time since I compiled this Python build. I have cleared them all.
All that I can share is that iRex SDK and Scratchbox were used. And some finetune should be applied to configureation.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:17 PM   #10
kapoira
Connoisseur

if you can post the finetune to compilation in the forum to don't lose this information it is a good thing. I don't know if i will try to compile it but it's better if i can start for a solid base. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:18 PM   #11
ericshliao
Guru

If you want to compile python on your own, version 2.52 should be a proper start. No pathc or finetune is requird.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:27 PM   #12
Napoleon
Master of the Universe
Napoleon is on a distinguished road

Device: Irex Iliad 2/e
Lightbulb Python working means python contentLister?

Hello,

It just came to my mind that if python is possible on the Iliad, is it possible to develop an extremely rudimentary, simple but yet really useful contentlister to overcome the "6 files-per-page" navigation nightmare?

I'll be willing to program it, but before I get to it I would like to have the opinion of those who know more and better and I do.

La république vous appelle, citoyens!
Napoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:03 PM   #13
ericshliao
Guru

For now, contentlister on iLiad is too important to be replaced. But it should be possible to execute a python program ontop of contentlister. The problem is, python needs PyGTK to produce GUI, and we don't have PyGTK for iLiad right now.
If you want to make that program, you have to build PyGTK for iLiad beforehand.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:30 AM   #14
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
If we have python on the iLiad, could we get a script to run ereader2html based on the .pdb extension? We could store the credit card number and name on the iLiad in a file, perhaps. Like the ConvertLit implementation on the iLiad. It would just save a step to prepare eReader files to be usable on the iLiad. This would be particularly useful as it looks like Fictionwise is really pushing the eReader format now (especially since OverDrive has severed their contract with Fictionwise), but there still isn't a Linux based eReader utility.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:08 AM   #15
ericshliao
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
If we have python on the iLiad, could we get a script to run ereader2html based on the .pdb extension?
Do you mean file format conversion? I think that it is quite possible.