Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-03-2008, 07:36 AM   #1
sanders
Connoisseur
sanders has learned how to read e-bookssanders has learned how to read e-bookssanders has learned how to read e-bookssanders has learned how to read e-bookssanders has learned how to read e-bookssanders has learned how to read e-bookssanders has learned how to read e-bookssanders has learned how to read e-books

Device: iRex Iliad
Stopping and restarting X

Did anyone find out a reliable way to stop the X server on the iLiad and restart it again (short of rebooting)?

I want to "take over" the device entirely, with my application writing to the frame buffer directly (this works fine) and reading from /dev/ttyS0 (for which I need to stop X).

I can simply kill Xfbdev, which will also stop pageBar, contentLister, and the various matchbox processes. (I needed to change S99start for this because it normally reboots the device when contentLister exits.)

But if I redo everything in the S99start script afterwards to bring the system in its "normal" state again, it doesn't seem to work. The various processes start up without complaints, but the buttons of the device don't work (nor does the stylus).

Last edited by sanders; 05-03-2008 at 07:44 AM.
sanders is offline   Reply With Quote